job listingsContact MAGCS to submit your listing or phone 630-685-2420.
ASSISTANT GROUNDS SUPERINTENDENT
Bartlett Hills Golf Course, owned and operated by the Village of Bartlett, has an immediate opening for a full-time, experienced Assistant Grounds Superintendent for grounds maintenance operations.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of a crew responsible for grounds and facility maintenance services for the Golf Course.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing grounds and facility maintenance services for the Golf Course; identify resource needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Participate in the selection of maintenance staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Oversee and participate in daily grounds maintenance activities including mowing of lawns, fairways and greens; schedule the changing of cups and tee markers; coordinate and participate in the Golf Course irrigation schedule.
- Oversee and participate in the application of fertilizers and pesticides to the Golf Course; ensure safe application and safety procedures are followed.
- Oversee equipment maintenance activities including golf carts and grounds maintenance equipment; oversee irrigation system maintenance activities
- Supervise, coordinate, and participate in building maintenance activities; supervise activities involving the painting and repair of facilities; oversee the repair of mechanical, plumbing, and electrical components; oversee carpentry and other related repair activities.
Preferred candidate must possess a Pesticide Operators License through the Illinois Department of Agriculture, Applicators License preferred.
The Village of Bartlett offers an excellent work environment, as well as a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental and life insurance; IMRF pension plan; paid vacation, personal and sick leave; deferred compensation plans; and paid membership dues in professional work-related associations. The starting salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000.
Please submit a resume along with any supporting documents to:
Janelle Terrance, Human Resources Manager
Village of Bartlett
228 South Main Street
Bartlett, IL 60103
~ Deadline for applications is Monday, May 8th ~
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 4/24/17
Assistant Superintendent Ridgemoor Country Club
2 or 4 year degree in golf/sports turf management or similar field. Applicant must possess an IL spray license or be able to obtain one within 60 days of hire.
Candidate must have knowledge of golf maintenance operations, experience with fertilizer and chemical applications, irrigation repair, disease identification, and water management.
Individual must be dedicated, reliable, and self-motivated. Must be responsible with a positive attitude and willing to participate in a team atmosphere. Individual should be hard working, organized, have a strong attention to detail and willing to take on new challenges to expand the experience of the position.
Ridgemoor Country Club is a private 18-hole country club situated in the metropolitan area just 10 minutes from downtown Chicago. The club was established in 1905 and is an original William Langford design. In 2014, the club completed a golf course renovation under the direction of Jacobson Golf Course Design. The master plan included reconstruction of all tees and bunkers. Bunkers were constructed with the new Better Billy Bunker technology. Installation of 3 USGA greens and a regrass of all greens, tees, and fairways with 007 bentgrass.
Assistant Superintendents will be expected to manage day to day crew activities and scheduling and work closely with the Superintendent in preparing short-term and long-term agronomic strategies for maintenance of the golf course daily, weekly, monthly. Assistant Superintendent will be directly responsible for chemical and fertilizer applications, course set-up, irrigation scheduling and repairs, project management, along with schedule planning and execution of routine maintenance. This position will provide the experience of managing championship conditions on a daily basis.
For more information on the Grounds Department at Ridgemoor Country Club please visit:
Date Available: ASAP / Spring 2017
Email resume & cover letter to Josh Langell, Golf Course Superintendent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $50,000+ Depending on Experience
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Uniforms w/ boots, Meals, Dues for GCSAA / Regional associations & GIS Educational Conference, Paid vacation, Golf privileges
Date Posted: 3/11/17
Forest Hills Country Club
5135 Forest Hills Rd
Rockford, IL 61114
Course Description: Forest Hills Country Club is an 18-Hole private country club established in 1921. Forest Hills is a well manicured property with Bentgrass / Poa annua greens and Bentgrass tees and fairways kept in excellent condition. We have a Rainbird Nimbus II Irrigation system installed in 2002.
We are currently in the midst of bunker and tee box renovation projects.
Job Description: (AIT)
This is a year round, full-time position with benefits. The AIT will work closely with the Assistant Superintendent under the supervision of the Superintendent, and be involved with all aspects of golf course and landscape management including but not limited to course set-up, fertilizer/pesticide calibration and applications, irrigation programming and repair, water management, oversee and participate in daily mowing and bunker maintenance practices, equipment operation, help recruit, train, and supervise staff, tree removal / pruning, and snow removal during the winter months.
Ideal candidate will be highly self motivated, passionate, strong hands-on work ethic with an eagerness to learn and has a strong attention to detail. Spanish speaking skills are a plus.
Minimum 2 year accredited education in Turfgrass, Horticulture, or Landscape Management program. Current students looking for internships or 2017 graduates will be highly considered.
At least one year of golf course or highly maintained sports and commercial turf including lawn and landscape company maintenance desired.
Compensation Package Includes:
Competitive hourly wage of $12 - 14 with overtime expected 6 months out of the year. Health/Dental Insurance, Vacation, IRA, Professional Association Dues, Uniform Allowance, Golf Privileges.
Responsible to: Don Altman, CGCS
Interested candidates should send
Cover letter and Resume to:
Date Posted: 3/30/17
Golf Course Mechanic
Beach Park, IL
Hourly Hiring Rate: $21.63
Application deadline: April 14, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
The Golf Course Mechanic is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all grounds equipment used at the golf course. The duties are divided into two groups, the restoration of mechanically disabled vehicles to serviceable condition, and precautionary measures taken to keep vehicles and equipment in service. Individual works with independence but is subject to inspection to ensure that established standards are maintained.
Performs repairs on all golf grounds maintenance related equipment, to insure proper operating condition and eliminate as much down time as possible. Provides accurate records of all repairs in a maintenance log. Maintains maintenance area and hand tools in a clean and orderly fashion on a daily basis. Maintains a preventive maintenance program on all equipment. Maintains inventory of parts, lubricants, wheels, tires, etc. Operates associated power equipment used in mechanics profession; i.e. mechanics tools, grinder, torch welder, drills, etc. Performs heavy lifting tasks up to 50 pounds. Drives a motorized vehicle to travel to different locations. Performs tasks that will require walking, bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, climbing, reaching and sitting.
High school diploma. Five years mechanical experience at golf course, dealership, automotive shop or equivalent. Considerable knowledge of small engine repair and maintenance, of testing equipment used in the repair and service of vehicles and equipment, and of automotive and hydraulic systems mechanics and repair methods; good knowledge of mechanical parts and equipment. Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the mechanic trade. Considerable knowledge in the diagnosis of defects and failures of specialized tools and equipment of the trade. Knowledge of electric and gas welding equipment. Must possess a valid driver’s license, and the ability to obtain class a “CDL A” license.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION DEADLINES
Interest in Forest Preserve employment can be expressed by submitting a Forest Preserve Employment Application. Applications are accepted online at www.LCFPD.org. Completed applications must be submitted by April 14, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. Applications are accepted only for posted positions.
ABOUT LAKE COUNTY FOREST PRESERVES: As principal guardian of Lake County’s open space and natural areas since 1958, we manage more than 30,800 acres of land and offer innovative educational, recreational and cultural opportunities for all people. Visitors of all ages can enjoy over 207 miles of trail for a variety of outdoor recreation uses, ponds and lakes for fishing, public golf courses, historical and cultural venues, public access to the Fox River and Lake Michigan and award-winning nature and history education programs and events.
Date Posted: 3/28/17
POSITION TITLE: Golf Course Assistant Superintendent
COMPANY / COURSE: Crystal Tree Golf & Country Club
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible to the Golf Course Superintendent for all aspects of the Golf Course operation.
- As an integral member of the C.T. G&CC Grounds Management staff, the ability to oversee the grounds maintenance operations, administration, personnel, agronomics, irrigation, capital projects, golf course enhancements, buildings, operating fleet, all tools & equipment, and any other required maintenance areas.
- The ideal candidate will possess and foster great leadership qualities, be highly motivated, accountable, responsible, eager to learn, develop, and make impacts not only as a manager, but individual.
- Golf Course industry experience required.
- Certificate or Degree in a related field of study, and/or willingness to achieve one.
- Illinois Pesticide Operators/Applicators license
- Irrigation management and maintenance.
- Train, Schedule, and prioritize personnel, and programs.
- Budget, ordering, tracking, record keeping, and compliance.
- Ability to oversee operations and make educated judgement calls within the field.
- Work closely with Superintendent and staff on scheduling and expectations.
- Assist in maintaining, developing, and enhancing all tracking and data supporting operations.
- Aid in purchases, and decision making.
- Maintenance of a clean, organized, safe shop and working environment at all times.
- Communicates professionally, instruct/train, and empowers fellow staff regarding operations, preventative maintenance procedures, cleaning, and safety.
- Working knowledge of day to day golf course operations and construction. The ability to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for 5-8 hours at a time. Lift 100lbs occasionally, 50lbs frequently, and 20lbs constantly.
- Creativity and Ingenuity is a plus
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Capacity to work overtime and in inclement weather when needed.
- Must have a positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Maintain positive relations and carry aura of professionalism with membership, staff, and guests
- Maintain positive relations with all suppliers and vendors, and the ability to search and locate competitive pricing.
- Computer competency required (Microsoft, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Valid Illinois Driver's License
- Ability to obtain certification for Class A, B, C operator in compliance to the State Fire Marshall in accordance to underground fuel storage and technical requirements.
- Ability to obtain certification for Chicago Wilderness Prescribed Burn Crew.
- Knowledge of and/or the ability to play and understand golf and how job performance effects conditions.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental, 401K, Vacation, Uniforms, Golf, Association Dues and Expenses
SALARY: Depending on Experience
RESPONSIBLE TO: Patrick Maksymiu, Golf Course Superintendent
POSITION AVAILABLE: April-May 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 16, 2017
Please send resume to:
Patrick Maksymiu, Golf Course Superintendent
Crystal Tree G&CC Grounds Building
14553 S. 108th Ave.
Orland Park, IL 60467
Date Posted: 3/28/17
Wynstone Golf Club
Wynstone Golf Club, designed by golf legend Jack Nicklaus, is located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, and is regarded as one of the premier gated golfing communities in the Midwest. The AGCS is responsible for managing day to day operations on the golf course, practice facilities, and clubhouse grounds. Position is available in April.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Management of staff on a daily basis
- Development of fertilizer and chemical programs
- Oversight/programming of central irrigation system
- Input on managing bentgrass playing surfaces
- Oversight of golf course projects
- Budgeting and purchasing
- Supply inventory management
- Contractor bid and selection processes
- Employee training
- Employee saftey
- Occasional pesticide applications
- 2-4 year degree in turf management or related field
- 2-3 years of experience as 2nd AGCS or similar position
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrates problem solving abilities
- Ability to obtain Illinois pesticide applicator license
- Exhibits managerial skills
- Pleasant/positive personality
- Spanish speaking skill are a plus
Salary Range: 45-50K
Benefits: 401K, holiday bonus, uniforms, cell phone, golfing privileges, education allowance, local and national association dues, and commitment to work/life balance
Send resume’ to: email@example.com or
Ben McGargill, CGCS
131 North Wynstone Drive
North Barrington, IL 60010
Date Posted: 3/23/17
Irrigation Lead Technician
Reports to: Sam Schmitz
Ball Horticultural Company
Work location: West Chicago, IL
Full-time, benefit-eligible position
Irrigation Lead Technician will work for The Gardens at Ball and Grounds Department as well as the R&D Greenhouses, operating, maintaining and installing all of our irrigation system needs.
Essential Functions: Irrigation Lead Technician:
1. Understand and operate a complex outdoor irrigation system
2. Possess familiarity with tools, parts, and maps associated with landscape irrigation systems and the knowledge of a low voltage irrigation electrical system
3. Troubleshoot, repair and address any and all irrigation issues, gardens, grounds, greenhouse
4. Perform repair and maintenance to the irrigation system/manage outside vendors when necessary
5. Possess familiarity with Drip tape, inline drip irrigation as well as individual emitters for container watering
6. Perform other duties upon managers request
1. Ability to manage, direct, and oversee grounds personnel and projects, within budgets
2. The ability to conceptualize and communicate projects, purchase, and fulfill to completion.
3. Ability to operate mechanical equipment and machinery
4. Minimum of three years of irrigation work experience is a must
5. High School graduate or equivalent, Associates Degree is a plus
6. Familiarity with irrigation controllers and their programming
7. Ability to work overtime on short notice
8. Work well as part of a team
9. English reading and writing skills required
1. Ability to lift/carry 50+ pounds
2. Must be able to stand as well as be comfortable crouching for extended periods of time
3. Physical mobility to reach, bend and stoop
4. Must have the ability to work in extreme weather conditions
Scope of Responsibility
Staff: This position will have Tech II and Tech I grounds personnel reporting
Budgets: This position has the will work within budgetary guidelines for projects and personnel
Apply by sending a resume to Kristy Puma at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 3/16/17
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Horseshoe Bay Golf Club, Egg Harbor, WI
Horseshoe Bay Golf Club is one of Wisconsin’s top high-end private golf clubs. The facility is located in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin above the waters of the bay of Green Bay in beautiful Door County. The club is open 6 months of the year, from May 1st to October 31st hosting 450 members who travel from 27 states to enjoy their summer homes and the beauty of Door County.
Date Available: ASAP
Salary: $38,000 - $42,000
Benefits: Health, Dental and Life insurance; 410k; Paid vacation; National and state association dues paid; Continuing education and professional development opportunity; Clothing allowance; Golf privileges
Assist the superintendent in all facets of golf course maintenance including, but not limited to staff scheduling, training and supervision, course setup, irrigation scheduling and repair, fertilizer/pesticide applications, equipment maintenance, project management.
Two or Four year degree in turfgrass management or related field preferred. Previous experience on a golf course. Ability to obtain a Wisconsin pesticide applicator license. Be self-motivated and have a drive to ensure Horseshoe Bay’s maintenance standards are met or exceeded on a daily basis.
Responsible to: Brian Ferrie, Golf Course Superintendent
Send resume to:
Horseshoe Bay Golf Club
Attn: Brian Ferrie
5335 Horseshoe Bay Road
Egg Harbor, WI 54209
Date Posted: 3/14/17
2017 Summer Internship
Biltmore Country Club, Kemper Lakes Golf Club, and Wynstone Golf Club
****Two of three positions filled, only ONE position remaining****
This will be an internship with three different country clubs. The intern will work closely with the superintendent and assistant superintendents to maintain high quality playing conditions. Intern tasks will consist of, but not limited to, daily maintenance, landscape maintenance, irrigation repair, drainage, tree removal, fertilization/chemical calibration and application, record keeping, and small crew management. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and references from three high end country clubs in the Chicagoland area.
Requirements: Must be enrolled in or a recent graduate of a 2 or 4-year accredited college with a strong passion for the turfgrass industry. Golf course experience preferred.
Benefits: Golf privileges, attendance to one MGCSA golf event, some meals, and housing is still to be determined
Compensation: $10.00-$11.00 an hour- Time and a half after 40 hours
Biltmore Country Club: Biltmore is an 18-hole private country club located in the village of North Barrington. Biltmore has “Bent/Poa” push up greens and “Bent/Poa” tees and fairways. We are known for our planting of annuals around the clubhouse and throughout the golf course. Biltmore is adjacent to Honey Lake, which we treat and monitor under the surveillance of the Illinois EPA. Interns will have the opportunity to work with this monitoring program. Interns will also have the opportunity to be a part of monthly green committee meetings. The intern can expect to work 40-50 hours a week.
Kemper Lakes Golf Club: Kemper Lakes is a private club located in Kildeer, Illinois. Kemper will be host to the 2018 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship. This will be a great opportunity to help prepare for this major women’s event. The golf course has also played host to the 1989 PGA Championship, 1992 U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship, and the 2000 and 2001 SBC Senior Open.
Wynstone Golf Club: Wynstone Golf Club is a private country club located in North Barrington, Illinois. Established in 1989, the Club features a highly-acclaimed Jack Nicklaus Signature Design golf course, a swimming pool and tennis complex, a beautiful clubhouse and year-round activities. The golf course was recently renovated and features 007 bentgrass greens and Pennlinks II/Penneagle II bentgrass fairways. Interns can expect to work 45-50 hours per week.
Interested individuals should contact Conrad Pannkuk at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.
Date Posted: 3/13/17
LAKE BLUFF PARK DISTRICT
Job Title Park Maintenance Service Team Leader (Year Round)
Department Park Services
The employee shall be considered to be on duty whenever a need exists for their services. This position requires non-traditional work hours at various times throughout the year and/or season. A typical schedule is four weekdays, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. plus Saturday and Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Another typical schedule is five weekdays, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Approximately 37.5 hours per week.
The wage range is $14.00 to $17.00 per hour.
Responsible for identifying, planning, leading, supervising, and carrying-out a wide variety of general labor projects, including cleaning, maintenance, repairs, painting, construction, landscaping, snow removal and seasonal duties.
- Assist the Park Services Manager and/or Superintendent of Golf, Park & Facility Maintenance in directing and supervising the crew in the areas of park maintenance and equipment operation
- Upkeep and maintenance of our parks and facilities as assigned. Assist in the maintenance and in establishing a safe and clean environment for guests.
- Responsibilities include maintaining and landscaping the parks using motorized, electrical or hand equipment and tools.
- Ensures that all support and service is conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the Lake Bluff Park District and Lake Bluff Parks Division.
- Using weed eater, trim tree wells, park perimeter, trim edges/banks and other boundary-type areas.
- Rakes and cleans ball fields with both motorized or hand equipment.
- Cleans, provides preventative maintenance, and simple repairs of maintenance equipment.
- Performs custodial cleaning, grass mowing, and general park and building maintenance and construction.
- Mow turf as assigned. Including athletic fields, parks.
- Maintain trees and shrubs, to include watering, fertilizing and pruning.
- Maintains the landscape and flower beds.
- Plants trees, shrubs, flowers, and other landscape materials.
- Services trash receptacles.
- Maintains and cleans buildings.
- Operates automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Operates hand and power tools.
- Snow removal on sidewalks, roads, entryways, parking lots, and walking paths.
- Ice Rink grooming and snow removal
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with Park District policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Performs construction and maintenance of athletic fields and special event facilities including but not limited to: temporary fencing, installing and grading infield clay/sand loam, tent/seating set- ups, moving bleachers, soccer goal assembly and repair, drain tile installation and flood water pumping.
- Assists staff with maintenance and construction of pavements, buildings, plumbing, carpentry, electrical & lighting, furnaces, ducts, pipe lines, water lines, shelters, benches, playground equipment, signs, fencing, sewers, and drainage structures, asphalt, concrete and brick paving, stone paths, etc.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate initiative, dependability, punctuality, and the ability to complete tasks assigned in a positive manner.
Must have at least two (2) years’ experience, four (4) years preferred in related field of landscape, ground maintenance, property and/or facility maintenance, one (1) year experience preferred with snow plow operations, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Good working knowledge of landscape and grounds, maintenance tools, equipment, shop and field practices.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Ability to operate all forms of light and heavy maintenance equipment.
- Must be able to prioritize and follow/carry out a variety of assignments.
- Able to work and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s License and be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
- Illinois Pesticide Operators license or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Spanish bilingual a plus.
Under the general direction of the Director of Golf & Park Maintenance, Park Services Manager, Golf Greens Manager, and Facility Services Manager. Leader the individual must be self-motivated and capable of initiating and developing tasks on a regular basis. The individual will perform projects as assigned by the Park Services Manager. The employee is responsible for prioritizing work tasks, and for identifying and utilizing the appropriate resources to resolve a problem or situation and/or research and analyze specific data. Guidance is provided through departmental policies, Park District operating practices and procedures, and other resources as applicable to the specific project assigned. Work is evaluated at least annually, with respect to problem-solving ability, customer service, research and analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills, and performance in accordance with this classification standard.
Lifting: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Sitting: while working on riding equipment
Carrying: materials to/from truck
Pulling: grates, drills, and wheelbarrows
Standing: loading/unloading materials
Stooping: to pick up materials from ground
Reaching: when gathering materials
Grasping: to handle tools
Fingering: to operate machinery
Balancing: while reaching to extreme distances
Seeing: to operate equipment safely
Talking: to communicate with co-workers
Hearing: to communicate with co-workers
Handling: when transporting materials
The considerations described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee performing the essential functions of the position successfully. Must have the ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions such as extreme cold, high winds, rain, snow, sleet, high temperatures and humidity; to stand for long periods of time, bend, and work outdoors with limited lighting; to work with chemicals, vehicles or equipment fumes and gasses, dust and dirt. The employee must also be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The employee must be able to operate machinery and handle tools on a regular basis.
Contact: Rob Foster, Superintendent of Golf, Park and Facility Maintenance firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 3/13/17
Category: Full Time Golf/Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Location: Pottawatomie Golf Course
Date of Availability: Start Date TBD
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
The St. Charles Park District is seeking qualified professionals to apply for the non-exempt, full time position of Assistant Superintendent of Golf.
- Two year degree in turf management with one year of applicable experience preferred or
- Minimum of three years applicable experience without a degree
- Certified, or ability to be certified within six months of hire, State of Illinois Pesticide Operators License
- Certified, or ability to be certified, in CPR/AED/First Aid
- Valid Driver's License Required
- Direct daily and routine maintenance operations for course grounds, care of the irrigation system, and the storage and use of all equipment assigned to the Golf Course
- Conduct preventative inspections of grounds, systems, equipment while identifying and repairing deficiencies
- Operate all equipment necessary to complete duties that will include but not limited to chainsaws, backhoes, skid steers and core aerifiers.
- Full job description is attached
Salary: $16-19 per hour hiring range with full benefits
Apply Online Here
Date posted: 3/3/17
Boulder Ridge Country Club
350 Boulder Drive
Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
Course Description: A 27-hole private country club located within an upscale residential development. The original 18 holes, designed by Robert Lohmann opened in 1990. An additional 9 holes, also designed by Lohmann, were completed in 2005.
Duties:Partake in all aspects of golf course and related club property maintenance.
The individual will work closely with the superintendent and all other management within the organization.
These duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervising, scheduling, and training of staff
- Application of fertilizers, pesticides, and other materials required for plant health and appearance
- Hands-on participation of tasks involved in set up and upkeep of the course and property
- Oversight and participation of irrigation repairs and upkeep
- Assist in planning and implementing projects such as bunker renovation, drainage installation, and landscape improvements
- Snow removal
- Minimum 2-year degree in turf maintenance or related field
- Three or more years/seasons of golf course maintenance experience
- Previous experience as first or second assistant, irrigation specialist, or crew leader preferred
- Spanish speaking skills are a plus
- Possesses or is able to obtain a state pesticide license
- Valid drivers license
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong leadership qualities
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- Team player with flexibility in regard to time and tasks
Salary: $37,000 - $43,000 Commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Association dues (local and national)
- Education opportunities
- Golf privileges
Responsible to: Paul Wagner, superintendent
Send cover letter and resume with professional references to:email@example.com
Date Posted: 3/2/17
2nd Assistant Superintendent – River Forest Country Club
River Forest Country Club is a private 18-hole club located approximately 16 miles west of downtown Chicago in Elmhurst, IL. The club was established in 1926, and is a classic parkland style golf course. The club’s additional amenities include a clubhouse, pool and pool house, and asphalt tennis courts. The club covers 145 acres and boasts narrow tree lined bentgrass / poa annua fairways and small, fast, round, bentgrass / poa annua greens. In August 2016 a golf course renovation took place. The renovation included numerous drainage projects, all new Better Billy Bunkers, with Pro Angle sand. Also included were fairway expansions, new run out areas, new cart paths, tee leveling, and added a short range expansion with a new green and fairway to be compleated in the spring of 2017. In June of 2017 River Forest will be hosting the Western Women’s Amateur Tournament.
Educational Requirements: A two year or four year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field. At least one successful season as a student intern.
Experience Requirements: At least two years experience working on a golf course; will strongly consider spring 2017 graduates. Please list any specialized training or experiences.
Special Requirements: We are seeking an energetic candidate with the “Do what it takes” attitude to assist the superintendent and first assistant in all duties associated with maintaining the grounds of a private club. The candidate will possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work well independently or with other members of the team. The second assistant will work closely with the superintendent and first assistant to ensure that the best playing conditions are being met on a daily basis. The second assistant will gain knowledge in all aspects of golf course management including, but not limited to chemical and fertilizer applications, course set-up, irrigation repair, drainage repair and installation, proper hand watering techniques, landscape maintenance and design, and crew supervision.
Salary: $36,000 - $38,000
Benefits: Meals, uniform allowance from pro shop, medical, dental, vision, 401K after 1 year, dues paid for local and national associations, opportunity to attend national conference, opportunity to attend local meetings and seminars, and golf privileges.
Contact Information: Please send resume to Brian Kimbrough: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 2/28/17
Summer Intern - Racine Country Club
Job Description: Intern will be involved in but not limited to; irrigation repair and maintenance, topdressing, mowing, hand watering, bunker maintenance, daily set up and fertilizer and chemical applications.
Educational Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent. Enrollment in a Turfgrass or related college program preferred, but not required.
Experience Requirements: None. Turf management or horticulture experience a plus.
Additional Requirements: Qualified applicants will be hard working individuals, show up to work on time with a positive attitude, and lead by example. Applicant must be able to work efficiently individually, or with a group. Intern will report directly to the superintendent and assistant. Weekend work required.
Comments: The Racine Country Club is a private 18-hole facility conveniently located between Milwaukee and Chicago. Built in 1909, RCC provides its members with a family-friendly environment.
Date Available: April 1, 2017
Compensation: $11/hr, plus overtime
Application Instructions: Send resume to email@example.com
Date Posted: 2/28/17
Summary: Under basic supervision assists the Superintendent of Golf Maintenance with supervising staff, maintenance and repair projects at the Tam Golf Course.
Salary: $30,000-$40,000 DOQ, Plus Excellent Benefit Package
- Assists with managing the maintenance and repair of golf course facilities and equipment.
- Supervises work crews, monitors operations, and verifies the efficient and timely accomplishment of assigned duties.
- Strong working knowledge of the principles, mechanics, and operation of all turf grass and power equipment and related golf course equipment.
- Proficiency in the use of hand and power tools related to golf course maintenance.
- Inspects turf areas daily for fungus, insects, and undesirable vegetation.
- Keeps inventory records on all equipment and materials used in maintenance operations.
- Evaluates golf course turf conditions and adjusts irrigation system to optimize playing conditions.
- Promotes and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Lifts and handles objects up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum three years of golf course maintenance
- Ability to speak Spanish highly preferred
- Valid Illinois class “B” driver’s license
- Valid Illinois Pesticide Public application license
- CPR and AED certification required within six months of employment
Niles Park District
6676 W. Howard
Niles, IL 60714
Date Posted: 2/23/27
Sales Representative Employee Posting: Sales
Growing Solutions, Inc. is a service oriented leader in water treatment and fertigation along with installation of environmental equipment throughout the Midwest. The candidate must be self-motivated, well spoken, articulate and well organized.
- Minimum of one year job related experience as Sales Representative or Golf Course Superintendent.
- Minimum of three years as Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
- Must posses a valid drivers license
- Posses excellent customer service skills
- PC, IPad, IPhone knowledge
- Must have ability to learn mechanical equipment Problem solver
- Willing to travel
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
SALARY AND BENEFITS Competitive base salary Commission
Health insurance Retirement savings plan
Director of Operations firstname.lastname@example.org
SEND RESUMES TO: INFO@yourgrowingsolutions.com
Date Posted: 2/21/17
Golf Course Superintendent
Musgrove Country Club, Jasper, Alabama
Musgrove Country Club has an eighteen-hole championship golf course. The Penn A-1/A-4 Bentgrass greens and Tifway bermudagrass fairways are nestled in the rolling terrain of beautiful oaks and pines of Central Alabama. Located near Birmingham, Musgrove is a storied private golf club that is proud to have hosted various state championships over the years. They include the State Senior Championship, State Women's Amateur Championship, State Junior Boy's, State Junior Girls Championships, State Mid-Am, and the State Senior Fourball.
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000.
Duties: Must possess strong leadership skills and be an excellent communicator who is well organized. Development and execution of maintenance plan to include fertilizer/chemical applications, sound cultural practices, personnel improvement and development, fiscal management, and commitment to growth. The candidate must be able to obtain pesticide license for state of Alabama within first month of employment.
Education: 2-4 year degree in Turfgrass Management or Agronomics preferred.
Experience: Strong mechanical background beneficial. Proven track record as Lead Assistant or Superintendent with a successful record of bentgrass greens management.
Benefits: Company health insurance, vacation / personal time off (PTO), company matching 401k, paid local and national chapter dues, paid attendance to golf industry show (GIS) .
Application Deadline: March 10, 2017
Date Position is Available: Immediately
Email Cover Letter, Resume, and References to:
GMS (Attention Steve Schendel)
Date Posted: 2/21/17
Summer Interns - Edgewood Valley Country Club
Robert Lively of the Edgewood Valley Country Club is looking for 4 highly motivated summer interns this season.. The club will provide housing, uniforms, meals,and a $15.00 hourly wage. Any interested parties can contact me directly Robert Lively at 708-906-8817 or e-mail email@example.com
Date Posted: 2/16/17
Golf Course Maintenance Foreman-Glencoe Golf Club
High School Diploma or GED
Turf education a plus but not a requirement
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in golf course/ landscape maintenance
- Equipment operation experience a must including; all mowers, tractors and utility vehicles.
- A desire to advance within the turfgrass industry
- Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence, professional manner and a great attitude
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required
- To help ensure our employees' safety, we conduct background checks, pre-employment physicals and are a drug-free workplace.
- Daily maintenance and set up supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours; days, evenings, weekends and holidays as demanded by business cycles. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Willingness to obtain pesticide operator’s license.
- Capital experience with irrigation, drainage projects; landscape and hardscape projects a plus
- Participate in the set up and monitoring of irrigation system and all related duties
- Ensures a safe and clean working environment and that all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations
- Mechanical knowledge/ability a plus
- Winterization experience of golf course a plus
- Performs all other related tasks as deemed necessary by management
- Must possess valid driver’s license
Benefits: IMRF pension, bunk housing available, uniforms, dues, golf privileges.
Compensation: $13-$15 hourly based on experience with overtime
Send resume to Dave Arden, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 2/16/17
Job Description: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
Bryn Mawr Country Club
6600 N. Crawford Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
Course Description: 18-hole established private country club. Bryn Mawr is a finely conditioned William Langford design with adequate resources to meet high membership expectations. Large-scale bunker renovation, new short game area and forward tee project completed in 2013. Irrigation well and flood-detention projects completed in 2015. We are currently prioritizing/planning/budgeting improvements identified on our updated master plan of December, 2016; initial work to be done in 2017.
Individual will work very closely with current assistant and superintendent in planning, leading, implementing and managing our work plan. Primary duties include, but not limited to:
- Scheduling, Supervision and Training the Golf Course Staff
- Assessing the need for and applying pesticides and fertilizers
- Course Set-up
- Recording/tracking staff hours and tasks completed
- Irrigation Repairs
- Green and Tee Equipment purchases
- Coordinate Safety Program
Requirements: 2 years/seasons of golf course care experience. 2-4 year degree in turf-care related field. Candidate must be a highly motivated individual with attention to detail and thoroughness; the confidence and willingness to lead and take on responsibility a must. Will need to possess or obtain a state pesticide license. Previous experience as an assistant superintendent, high level of irrigation competency and Spanish speaking skills a plus.
Salary: $46,000/negotiable; dependent upon experience and level of qualifications.
Benefits: Medical and Dental insurance, paid vacation, generous number of paid sick/personal/holiday days, year-end bonus, outing pay, professional dues and continuing education opportunities, uniform allowance, meals and golf privileges.
Responsible to: Brian A. Bossert, CGCS
Send Cover Letter/Resume to:
Brian A. Bossert, CGCS
-please include professional references
Position Available: Immediately
Application Deadline: Until filled
*** All information contained herein is provided by the facility and is assumed to be accurate. The MAGCS takes no responsibility for content or inaccuracies and encourages all applicants to verify information with the company doing the hiring.
Date Posted: 2/14/17
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT - BARRINGTON HILLS C.C.
Barrington Hills C.C. is an 18 hole private course consisting of “Bent/Poa” greens, tees and fairways. Established in 1921 the course is currently undergoing renovations under the direction of golf course architect Tom Doke. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain experience on a high-end golf course that expects championship conditions on a regular basis.
Education Requirements: 2 or 4 year degree in Turfgrass management
- -Minimum 2 years golf course maintenance experience, supervisory and/or management experience.
- -Ability to analyze and solve problems, work flexible hours, handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- -Positive attitude, willingness to learn, professional conduct and appearance in all situations
- -Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- -Will need to acquire Illinois pesticide license.
Applicant must be self-motivated, proactive with a keen eye for detail. Individual must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to supervise and successfully manage up to 20 full-time and part-time employees. A successful candidate will assist in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline as well as in the hiring and termination process. The assistant superintendent will be directly involved with creating and adapting the daily work schedule on a daily, weekly basis.
Salary and Benefits: $40,000 plus insurance, 401k, paid dues to all organizations and associations, golfing privileges,
Position available spring 2017
E-mail resumes to:
297 Oak Knoll rd.
Barrington, IL. 60010
Date Posted: 8/8/17
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent – Prairie Landing Golf Club, West Chicago, Illinois
Opened in 1994, Prairie Landing is an upscale, daily-fee golf course with a membership and is owned and operated by the DuPage Airport Authority. The Robert Trent Jones Jr. ‘Links Style’ design encompasses over sixty-five acres of bentgrass greens, tees and fairways along with two-hundred additional acres of maintainable roughs and native grasses. This includes a full driving range and practice ‘center’ which has two regulation par 4’s, a par 3 and a 30,000 sq.ft. chipping and putting area. The course has five sets of tees with the tips playing over seven-thousand yards. This year Prairie Landing will play host to the CCIW Men’s and Women’s Golf Championships and will also be hosting a DuPage County Amateur Tournament along with an Illinois Junior Golf Association event.
In 2014, the course received a complete re-design and renovation of its bunkers in addition to changing several green complexes and fairways. Nearly half of the existing bunkers were removed and the remaining rebuilt utilizing the ‘Better Billy Bunker’ method. 2016 saw more renovations including cart paths and clubhouse improvements.
As typical for this position, the Assistant Superintendent will assist the Superintendent in all aspects of daily course maintenance including; crew leadership, supervision and quality control of our product; fertilizer/pesticide applications; irrigation troubleshooting/repair; moisture level management/monitoring and project management.
A typical workweek (peak season) generally involves overtime and weekend days in all types of weather conditions.
- Two or four-year degree in agronomy emphasizing turf management
- 2-3 years golf course experience preferably at the assistant level
- Illinois pesticide operators license (or ability to obtain within thirty days of hire)
- Valid Driver’s license
- Full-time, salaried position up to $40k annually, commensurate with experience
- Health; dental/vision and life insurance benefits
- Paid vacation, sick leave and personal days.
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund participation
- Paid professional association dues.
- Golf privileges
DEADLINE TO APPLY/AVAILABILITY: Accepting resumes/applications until February 28, 2017. Potential hire and start-date in late March/early April.
Please send cover letter and resume to the address below or electronically to email@example.com
Golf Course Superintendent
Prairie Landing Golf Club
2325 Longest Drive
West Chicago, IL 60185
Date Posted: 2/3/17
Position Title: Assistant Superintendent
Location: Harborside International Golf Center – Chicago, IL
Start Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Until filled
Respond To: Ryan Tully, Superintendent mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Located just minutes from Chicago’s downtown “loop” area, Harborside brings championship golf to Chicago’s doorstep.
Harborside International’s two exceptional courses, Port & Starboard, were designed by renowned architect Dick Nugent to bring a great tradition of links golf to Chicago. No other course in the area can combine the rugged links exterior, with sculpted fairways and manicured greens. Harborside was the previous host site of the Champions Tour’s SBC Senior Open and each course has consistently been rated among the top courses you can play on a yearly basis:
Harborside features a magnificent 24,000 square foot Prairie Style clubhouse that can seat up to 300 people for outings, meetings and banquets. Harborside is also home to arguably one of the best practice facilities in the Chicago area featuring a 57-acre range, putting greens, golf academy and short game facility. For additional information on Harborside International Golf Center, please visit their website at www.harborsidegolf.com.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure cost containment.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
- Supervise and perform various maintenance duties to maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to Company standards.
- Supervise then development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
- Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds. Assist with the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
- Supervise course construction projects.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not
limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
- Monitor the purchase ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies and ensure proper quantity and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- High school education required, college degree preferred.
- 3 years golf course maintenance, supervisory and/or management experience.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, staff management.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Maintenance Foreman; Spray Tech; Irrigation Specialist; Equipment Operators; Equipment Tech; Laborers
Classification: Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
- Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous chemicals, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement on a daily basis.
- Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed.
General office machines such as personal computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, telephones, etc. Golf cars, trucks, spray equipment, mowers, and heavy machinery.
Must have the ability to:
Date Posted: 1/31/17
- − Read and write (English)
- − Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers with or without the use of two-way radios.
- − Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions and supervise subordinates
- − Visually inspect all work areas, golf course and grounds
- − See players on the golf course, and to follow the flight of golf balls
- − Operate vehicles and equipment for several hours at a time
- − Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
- − Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
- − Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- − Lift up to 100 lbs. occasionally, 50 lbs. frequently, and 20 lbs. constantly
Bryn Mawr Country Club
6600 N. Crawford Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
Course Description: Bryn Mawr Country Club is an 18-hole established private country club located in Lincolnwood IL and was built in 1919. Bryn Mawr is a finely conditioned property with adequate resources to meet high membership expectations. Large-scale renovations to bunkers, short game area improvements, and forward tee projects were completed in 2013 along with irrigation well and flood detention projects completed in 2015. We are currently prioritizing, planning, and budgeting improvements identified on our updated master plan of December 2016; work to be begin in 2017. These improvements include additional bunkers, fairway and chipping area expansions, new tee construction, and continued tree removal.
Job Description: Assistant- in-Training (AIT)
This is a year round, full-time position with benefits. AITs will work alongside the Assistant Superintendents, under the supervision of the Superintendent, and will be exposed to all facets of golf course management including but not limited to fertilizer/pesticide calibration and application, course set up, irrigation repair, water management, staff training and supervision, equipment operation, and snow plowing responsibilities during winter months.
An ideal candidate would be a self-motivated, passionate, hands on individual with a willingness to learn and a strong attention to detail. The AIT must also be willing to work as part of a team, and will work overtime hours when necessary. Spanish speaking skills are a plus.
Education: 2 year, 4 year, or Certificate Program in Turf Management or related field. Current students that are graduating in the spring of 2017 will be considered.
Experience: 2 seasons of golf course experience or internships.
Salary: $13-14/hour dependent upon experience and level of qualifications.
Benefits: Medical and Dental insurance, paid vacation, paid sick/personal time, year-end bonus, professional dues and continuing education opportunities, uniform allowance, meals, and golf privileges.
Responsible to: Brian A. Bossert, CGCS
Send Cover Letter/Resume to:
Jayce Conway, Assistant Superintendent
please include professional references
Position Available: March 6th, 2017
Date Posted: 1/30/17
Oakland Hills CC, Bloomfield Hills MI
Donald Ross 1922; $2.3 million budget, 36 holes, staff of 57; Top 20 Platinum Club has a rich history: 6 US Open’s, 3 PGA Championship’s, 2004 Ryder Cup; Gil Hanse designed Ross restoration planned for 2020
All aspects of course maintenance including chemical/fertilizer application, special projects, irrigation repair, winter equipment repair, management/leadership of staff; community volunteering; interface w/OHCC members, USGA and PGA officials.
Inclusive work environment; competitive compensation package includes: competitive wage, 401K, health insurance, vision, dental, overtime, uniforms, partial meals, education allowance and generous Paid Time Off System. On-site housing available at low cost. A commitment to helping you achieve your life and career goals.
Excellent employment history; prior experience at a “Top 100” club or similar high end facility; strong work ethic; minimum 2 year Degree in Turf Management or related field; 2 years previous golf course experience; proven ability to work within a team; community volunteerism a plus.
Position available: Spring 2017
Resume w/references to:
Steven M. Cook, CGCS, MG
Oakland Hills Country Club
3951 W. Maple Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
We offer: training and mentoring, job success, earnings potential and positive work relationships. Top candidates will be career oriented and have an outstanding work record. (Interview and relocation allowance.)
Date Posted: 1/30/17
Job Title: Assistant Superintendent: Butterfield Country Club
Buttefield is a 27 hole private country club located 20 miles west of Chicago in Oak Brook, Illinois. Designed by Langford & Monroe in1920 and re-designed in 2010 by Steve Smyers and Patrick Andrews, the golf course presents a challenge to all calibers of golfers. Butterfield is an active family club with 300+members with an average of 35,000 rounds a season. Butterfield is a high maintained facility with an emphasis on detail. Projects in the near future include drainage work, tee box expansions, renovation of natural grass/fescue areas, “Billy Bunker” liner added to 217, 000 sq.ft. of bunkers starting in the spring of 2016.
Job Description: The Assistant Superintendent will be involved and gain great experience in all facets of the Grounds and Greens operations. Assistant will work closely with the Golf Course Superintendent as well as all other management of Butterfeld to make sure the experience for members and their guests is 2nd to none.
- Duties include but not limited to:
- Application of pesticides and fertilizers
- Other daily operations
- Daily job planning and management of the Grounds Staff
- Daily meetings with the Golf Course Superintendent to discuss goals for the day and any future planning
- 30 total employees
9 full time (including GCS, AGCS, Mechanic)
21 seasonal staff
- Record Keeping
Pesticide and fertilizer application and inventor
Daily Job’s, weather, and notes
- Irrigation system management
- Manage Butterfields Grounds Safety Program
- Membership communications
Membership notices and updates
- Participation in meetings and events
Grounds Committee meetings
Long Range Planning meetings
Club events, receptions, and dinners
- Have a 2 or 4 year degree in turf management or related field
- 2-3 years as a Second Assistant Superintendent or 1-2 years as an Assistant Superintendent
- Have or acquire within 60 days an Illinois Pesticide License
- Crew management experience
- Pesticide and fertilizer application and calibration a must
- Irrigation operation and repair experience a must.
Individual must recognize the importance of hard work, punctuality, self motivation, leadership, organization, flexibility, teamwork, and communication. Individual must have a great respect and knowledge of the game with the goal of becoming a Golf Course Superintendent.
Salary: $45,000 to $60,000; commensurate with experience
Butterfield offers a full benefit package which includes paid annual vacation, bonus, and health insurance including vision and dental, 401k program with matching contributions by club, uniforms, and golfing privileges, meals, dues paid to local and national associations, expenses paid to local and national conferences.
Position Available: immediately
Application Deadline: 2/23
Send or Email Cover Letter and Resume to:
Butterfield Country Club
Oak Brook, Illinois. 60523
Date Posted: 1/26/17
Field Sales Representative Employment Posting
Arthur Clesen, Inc., the leading turf and ornamental supply company in Chicago, is looking to hire a motivated individual for a Field Sales Representative position in the Chicago area. This is primarily a golf focused sales position, but may also include sales responsibilities covering sports turf and parks. We are looking for an articulate and organized candidate with strong social aptitude that will develop long lasting relationships with his/her clientele. This candidate must be proficient in presenting and very knowledgeable in the various turf & ornamental products and services we sell to our customers that include golf course superintendents and turf managers.
- Acts as a consultant to provide advice and guidance to customers in relation to their requirements and has an understanding of the customer and company order cycle.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers and take orders
- Displays or demonstrates products using samples, catalogs, tech sheets or other sales tools to emphasize features and benefits on each call and can present these ideas to all persons who have an influence on the purchase of products
- Quotes selling price and credit terms for potential orders and follow up
- Collections on assigned accounts
- Ensures excellent service and follow-up on all customer accounts
- Develops specific sales and pricing objectives for each account
- Prepares sales estimates and forecasts
- Maintains weekly call plan to ensure that all customers have an appropriate frequency of sales contact
- Develops and maintains an active prospect list and consistently prospects for new business
- Stays informed on new products, pricing, and other general information
- Checks on competitive sales and pricing activity
- Maintains daily contact with internal departments, customers, vendor reps, and other outside sources as required
- Communicates account activity to maintain a high level of follow through with credit, collections, and adjustments
- Attends and participates in sales meetings
- Maintains daily communication with Director of Sales, reviews sales targets and discusses initiatives/progress in assigned territory
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of standards and goals needed to achieve/maintain territory objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- Good Planning Skills
- Ability to Adapt
- Challenge Seeker
- Result Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Knowledge Seeker
WORK EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum one year of job related experience from any of the following positions: Field Sales Representative, Customer Service Sales, Sports Turf Manager, Golf Course Superintendent
- or Minimum three years as an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- A two year Associates Degree or four year Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution. Prefer degree in any Earth Sciences: Horticulture, Agronomy, Soil Science, Plant Pathology, etc.
DESIRED SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have the ability to operate a PC in order to utilize order entry software, e-mail software and Microsoft office products, specifically MS Word, Excel
- Ability to learn broad and specific knowledge of the organization's products, services and marketing techniques is required
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive base salary + commission, health insurance and retirement savings plan with company match and profit sharing
- Expense reimbursement
Matt Kinnard, Director of Sales
Arthur Clesen, Inc.
Date Posted: 1/25/17
Golf Course Specialist - Springbrook Golf Course
Naperville Park District is looking to hire a Golf Course Specialist at the Springbrook Golf Course. The Golf Course Specialist performs the daily maintenance of all aspects of the golf facilities, supervises the activities of the part time maintenance staff, and assists the Superintendent in the daily operation of the course. This position is under the supervision of the Superintendent of Golf Operations.
Location: Springbrook Golf Course, 2220 83rd Street, Naperville, IL 60564
Salary: $17.55 - $21.93 per hour
Schedule: Full Time; schedule varies depending on time of year; must be available to work weekends and holidays
To be considered for this position, interested individuals must complete the online application accessible at www.applitrack.com/napervilleparks/onlineapp/. Select the Golf – Grounds Maintenance category to access the posting. Materials submitted through mail, email, or fax will not be considered.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate golf course set up and support (e.g. changing green hole, tee marker and flags as needed).
2. Collaborate with the Superintendent in planning, scheduling, and supervising the maintenance of the golf course.
3. Supervise and participate in the operation and maintenance of the golf course irrigation and drainage systems.
4. Apply pesticides for control of weeds, insects, and fungal disease problems as needed.
5. Inspect golf facilities and property for safety and cleanliness. Evaluate, determine and prioritize necessary repairs and maintenance.
6. Clean and organize work and storage areas.
7. Operate and maintain equipment.
8. Perform administrative duties including inventory, budget, and daily record-keeping.
9. Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with residents, customers, vendors, community partners and co-workers.
10.Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
11.Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Report all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
12.Comply with District Financial Policies. Communicate budgetary requests to supervisor.
13.Supervises temporary staff assisting with equipment maintenance by training, communicating job expectations and coaching
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision of the Vehicle and Equipment Technician, perform minor maintenance and repair of golf equipment and carts.
- May assist in the general maintenance and/or repairs to golf course equipment under direction of Vehicle and Equipment Technician, as assigned by the Superintendent of Golf Grounds.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of generally accepted maintenance practices for golf course playing surfaces; the planting, cultivation, pruning, and general care of a variety of plant materials; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers, plant protectants, soil conditioners, herbicides and other pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; irrigation systems, including wells, pumps, and automated controls.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance activities to achieve the most efficient and effective utilization of labor and equipment; prepare reports; and to maintain effective employee and public relations.
- General understanding of the game of golf and how it relates to the set up and playability of the course.
- Ability to operate tractors, trucks, mowing equipment, etc.
- Ability to communicate with non-English speaking staff.
- Ability to apply knowledge of maintenance and repair of golf equipment.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience in turf and/or green industry related field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Possess or have ability to obtain current State of Illinois pesticide operator or
- applicators license within six (6) months of hire.
Date Posted: 1/23/17
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to move from site to site.
- Exposure to pesticides, chemicals, dust, exhaust fumes, dirt, noise, and insect bites and loud noises.
- Ability to manipulate and operate power operated equipment/machines.
- Subject to modified, flexible and extended work schedules.
- Ability to list heavy (>50 lbs.) objects.
- Subject to prolonged lifting, stooping, bending, standing and twisting, for extended periods of time.
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent – Glen Oak Country Club
Glen Oak Country Club is seeking a highly-motivated crew leader who has a strong attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
Must have working knowledge of daily golf course operations and will be responsible for the training and supervision of seasonal staff in correct golf maintenance procedures. Qualified candidate will perform a variety of golf course maintenance tasks including but not limited to, assisting staff in daily maintenance, pesticide and fertilizer applications, irrigation repairs and making improvements to the golf course under the leadership of the Golf Course Superintendent. This is a full-time, year round position. Must regularly work weekends and is required to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
College degree from an accredited college in Turf Grass management or a related field is required along with a minimum of two years of golf course experience. Candidate must possess an Illinois Pesticide Operators License and a valid Illinois Driver’s License. Spanish language skills preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a salaried position with a range up to $40,000. Additional benefits include Full Group Life and Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k Enrollment, Vision Insurance, Short and Long term disability, Incentive base bonus, Paid Vacation, Continuing Education expenses and Association Dues.
Mr. Andy Dauksas, Superintendent of Grounds
Glen Oak Country Club
21w451 Hill Avenue
Glen Ellyn, Illinois 60137
Date Posted: 1/12/17
Geneva Golf Club
Founded in 1900 the Geneva Golf Club (GGC) is the oldest nine-hole golf course in the state of Illinois. GGC is a privately owned club and operated by its members. We are a family oriented club with many activities and events geared towards families and children. The course is very challenging, with narrow tree lined fairways, rolling hills and small greens guarded by sand traps. There are multiple tee boxes to accommodate all levels of play. Remaining true to its original plan, GGC is designed for walking.
This position will report jointly to the Golf Course Superintendent and the GGC Grounds and Green Committee who is responsible for golf course maintenance including; greens, fairways, tee boxes, rough, sand traps, trees, pathways, garden areas, irrigation system and fertilizer and pesticide application. Additional responsibilities include working with the Head Superintendent to hire, supervise, train and monitor the performance of the maintenance staff. The Assistant Superintendent will also be responsible for care of maintenance equipment, assist in the monitoring and preparation of the annual budget and participate in special projects as required.
Desire at least three years golf course maintenance experience.
Two-year turf grass degree preferred.
Possess required fertilizer and pesticide application licenses.
Demonstrated ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to maximize course playability and beautification.
Awareness of state labor and safety laws, develop complete understanding shortly after employment.
Experience at a private club is desired. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with club management and positively interact with club membership is required.
Ed Braunsky, CGCS
Geneva Golf Club