job listingsContact MAGCS to submit your listing or phone 630-685-2420.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
Kankakee Country Club
Reports to: Golf Course Superintendent; General Manager
Under the supervision of the golf course superintendent, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment. Also, he/she may serve in the superintendent’s absence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers and promotes prompt, courteous and friendly service to all members, guests and employees.
- Motivates and directs staff on a daily basis.
- Trains new staff members.
- Promotes customer service toward fellow employees and guests.
- Cleans restrooms when necessary.
- Empties trash receptacles when necessary.
- Washes and details equipment after each use.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways.
- Prepares work schedules.
- Supervises employees and their use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other
- Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide
- application equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the operation of maintenance of pumps, and in the
- maintenance of irrigation and drainage items.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee’s safety, personnel,
- discipline and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional
- Maintains current Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), as required by law.
- Anything required by Superintendent to maximize efficiency.
*The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and safely. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please speak to your supervisor or contact the Green Golf Human Resources Department if you feel that you require an accommodation.
High School Diploma required. Higher Education degree in Turf Management, Agronomy or Horticulture preferred. Must obtain any required local and state licenses or certifications.
Previous maintenance experience in golf operations required. A minimum of three years experience in the golf industry. Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens (seeding, planting, cultivating, pruning, fertilizing, herbicides, irrigation).
Ability to communicate effectively with managers, guests and employees in one-on-one and small group situations in a fast paced environment. Must be computer literate. Must be able to perform math computations essential for budgeting and cost analysis purposes. One year supervisory experience required. Bilingual a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, and crouch; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. At times, may be required to operate machinery or a motor vehicle.
Salary range is $32,000-42,000 doe, Health Benefits, 401k are available.
Email resumes to: John Rader at email@example.com
Date posted: 6/1/17
Assistant Superintendent - Park Ridge Country Club
Park Ridge Country Club is looking for an assistant superintendent with a horticulture or agronomy degree and golf course maintenance experience. $47,500/yr. salary plus benefits. Send resume to Joel Purpur, CGCS - firstname.lastname@example.org or Park Ridge Country Club, 636 N. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, IL 60068.
Date Posted: 5/18/17
Assistant Superintendent - Glencoe Golf Club
Educational Requirements: Two to four-year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Three years of experience in turfgrass maintenance and daily golf course operations in a supervisory role
- Ability to obtain an IL pesticide applicator license
- Capital experience with irrigation and drainage projects; landscape and hardscape project experience a plus
- Ability to train/supervise/schedule a crew of up to 15 in a safe and efficient manner
- Cool season turf grass experience with poa annua and bent grass varieties
- Ability to manage the course and grounds in the absence of the Superintendent
- A desire to advance within the turfgrass industry
- Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence, professional manner and a great attitude
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required
- To help ensure our employees' safety, we conduct background checks, pre-employment physicals and are a drug-free workplace.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours; days, evenings, weekends and holidays as demanded by business cycles. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Calibrate and perform applications of pesticides, fertilizers, and seed; including the proper documentation of all applications, and the safe handling and storage of all pesticides and fertilizers
- Supervise and participate in the set up and monitoring of irrigation system, pump station and all related duties
- Scouting course conditions using IPM techniques
- Provide input on projects, budgets, staff development, employee evaluations, discipline and termination issues and wage increases, and the hiring of new employees
- Ensures a safe and clean working environment and that all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline
- Assist mechanic as needed; mechanical knowledge/ability a plus
- Performs all other related tasks as deemed necessary by management
- Must possess valid driver’s license
Provided: IMRF pension, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Vacation/Holiday/Sick Pay, Uniforms, Dues, Safety Pay, Golf Privileges. Section 125 Pre-Tax elections, Flexible Spending, Unum Group Critical Illness and 457 Plan also offered. Salary Range $45,000-$52,000 DOE
Glencoe Golf Club
Date Posted: 5/18/17
ASSISTANT GROUNDS SUPERINTENDENT
Bartlett Hills Golf Course, owned and operated by the Village of Bartlett, has an immediate opening for a full-time, experienced Assistant Grounds Superintendent for grounds maintenance operations.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of a crew responsible for grounds and facility maintenance services for the Golf Course.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing grounds and facility maintenance services for the Golf Course; identify resource needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Participate in the selection of maintenance staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Oversee and participate in daily grounds maintenance activities including mowing of lawns, fairways and greens; schedule the changing of cups and tee markers; coordinate and participate in the Golf Course irrigation schedule.
- Oversee and participate in the application of fertilizers and pesticides to the Golf Course; ensure safe application and safety procedures are followed.
- Oversee equipment maintenance activities including golf carts and grounds maintenance equipment; oversee irrigation system maintenance activities
- Supervise, coordinate, and participate in building maintenance activities; supervise activities involving the painting and repair of facilities; oversee the repair of mechanical, plumbing, and electrical components; oversee carpentry and other related repair activities.
Preferred candidate must possess a Pesticide Operators License through the Illinois Department of Agriculture, Applicators License preferred.
The Village of Bartlett offers an excellent work environment, as well as a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental and life insurance; IMRF pension plan; paid vacation, personal and sick leave; deferred compensation plans; and paid membership dues in professional work-related associations. The starting salary range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000.
Please submit a resume along with any supporting documents to:
Janelle Terrance, Human Resources Manager
Village of Bartlett
228 South Main Street
Bartlett, IL 60103
~ Deadline for applications is Monday, May 8th ~
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 4/24/17
Assistant Superintendent Ridgemoor Country Club
2 or 4 year degree in golf/sports turf management or similar field. Applicant must possess an IL spray license or be able to obtain one within 60 days of hire.
Candidate must have knowledge of golf maintenance operations, experience with fertilizer and chemical applications, irrigation repair, disease identification, and water management.
Individual must be dedicated, reliable, and self-motivated. Must be responsible with a positive attitude and willing to participate in a team atmosphere. Individual should be hard working, organized, have a strong attention to detail and willing to take on new challenges to expand the experience of the position.
Ridgemoor Country Club is a private 18-hole country club situated in the metropolitan area just 10 minutes from downtown Chicago. The club was established in 1905 and is an original William Langford design. In 2014, the club completed a golf course renovation under the direction of Jacobson Golf Course Design. The master plan included reconstruction of all tees and bunkers. Bunkers were constructed with the new Better Billy Bunker technology. Installation of 3 USGA greens and a regrass of all greens, tees, and fairways with 007 bentgrass.
Assistant Superintendents will be expected to manage day to day crew activities and scheduling and work closely with the Superintendent in preparing short-term and long-term agronomic strategies for maintenance of the golf course daily, weekly, monthly. Assistant Superintendent will be directly responsible for chemical and fertilizer applications, course set-up, irrigation scheduling and repairs, project management, along with schedule planning and execution of routine maintenance. This position will provide the experience of managing championship conditions on a daily basis.
For more information on the Grounds Department at Ridgemoor Country Club please visit:
Date Available: ASAP / Spring 2017
Email resume & cover letter to Josh Langell, Golf Course Superintendent at email@example.com
Salary Range: $50,000+ Depending on Experience
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Uniforms w/ boots, Meals, Dues for GCSAA / Regional associations & GIS Educational Conference, Paid vacation, Golf privileges
Date Posted: 3/11/17
Forest Hills Country Club
5135 Forest Hills Rd
Rockford, IL 61114
Course Description: Forest Hills Country Club is an 18-Hole private country club established in 1921. Forest Hills is a well manicured property with Bentgrass / Poa annua greens and Bentgrass tees and fairways kept in excellent condition. We have a Rainbird Nimbus II Irrigation system installed in 2002.
We are currently in the midst of bunker and tee box renovation projects.
Job Description: (AIT)
This is a year round, full-time position with benefits. The AIT will work closely with the Assistant Superintendent under the supervision of the Superintendent, and be involved with all aspects of golf course and landscape management including but not limited to course set-up, fertilizer/pesticide calibration and applications, irrigation programming and repair, water management, oversee and participate in daily mowing and bunker maintenance practices, equipment operation, help recruit, train, and supervise staff, tree removal / pruning, and snow removal during the winter months.
Ideal candidate will be highly self motivated, passionate, strong hands-on work ethic with an eagerness to learn and has a strong attention to detail. Spanish speaking skills are a plus.
Minimum 2 year accredited education in Turfgrass, Horticulture, or Landscape Management program. Current students looking for internships or 2017 graduates will be highly considered.
At least one year of golf course or highly maintained sports and commercial turf including lawn and landscape company maintenance desired.
Compensation Package Includes:
Competitive hourly wage of $12 - 14 with overtime expected 6 months out of the year. Health/Dental Insurance, Vacation, IRA, Professional Association Dues, Uniform Allowance, Golf Privileges.
Responsible to: Don Altman, CGCS
Interested candidates should send
Cover letter and Resume to:
Date Posted: 3/30/17
Golf Course Mechanic
Beach Park, IL
Hourly Hiring Rate: $21.63
Application deadline: April 14, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
The Golf Course Mechanic is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all grounds equipment used at the golf course. The duties are divided into two groups, the restoration of mechanically disabled vehicles to serviceable condition, and precautionary measures taken to keep vehicles and equipment in service. Individual works with independence but is subject to inspection to ensure that established standards are maintained.
Performs repairs on all golf grounds maintenance related equipment, to insure proper operating condition and eliminate as much down time as possible. Provides accurate records of all repairs in a maintenance log. Maintains maintenance area and hand tools in a clean and orderly fashion on a daily basis. Maintains a preventive maintenance program on all equipment. Maintains inventory of parts, lubricants, wheels, tires, etc. Operates associated power equipment used in mechanics profession; i.e. mechanics tools, grinder, torch welder, drills, etc. Performs heavy lifting tasks up to 50 pounds. Drives a motorized vehicle to travel to different locations. Performs tasks that will require walking, bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, climbing, reaching and sitting.
High school diploma. Five years mechanical experience at golf course, dealership, automotive shop or equivalent. Considerable knowledge of small engine repair and maintenance, of testing equipment used in the repair and service of vehicles and equipment, and of automotive and hydraulic systems mechanics and repair methods; good knowledge of mechanical parts and equipment. Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the mechanic trade. Considerable knowledge in the diagnosis of defects and failures of specialized tools and equipment of the trade. Knowledge of electric and gas welding equipment. Must possess a valid driver’s license, and the ability to obtain class a “CDL A” license.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION DEADLINES
Interest in Forest Preserve employment can be expressed by submitting a Forest Preserve Employment Application. Applications are accepted online at www.LCFPD.org. Completed applications must be submitted by April 14, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. Applications are accepted only for posted positions.
ABOUT LAKE COUNTY FOREST PRESERVES: As principal guardian of Lake County’s open space and natural areas since 1958, we manage more than 30,800 acres of land and offer innovative educational, recreational and cultural opportunities for all people. Visitors of all ages can enjoy over 207 miles of trail for a variety of outdoor recreation uses, ponds and lakes for fishing, public golf courses, historical and cultural venues, public access to the Fox River and Lake Michigan and award-winning nature and history education programs and events.
Date Posted: 3/28/17
Wynstone Golf Club
Wynstone Golf Club, designed by golf legend Jack Nicklaus, is located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, and is regarded as one of the premier gated golfing communities in the Midwest. The AGCS is responsible for managing day to day operations on the golf course, practice facilities, and clubhouse grounds. Position is available in April.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Management of staff on a daily basis
- Development of fertilizer and chemical programs
- Oversight/programming of central irrigation system
- Input on managing bentgrass playing surfaces
- Oversight of golf course projects
- Budgeting and purchasing
- Supply inventory management
- Contractor bid and selection processes
- Employee training
- Employee saftey
- Occasional pesticide applications
- 2-4 year degree in turf management or related field
- 2-3 years of experience as 2nd AGCS or similar position
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrates problem solving abilities
- Ability to obtain Illinois pesticide applicator license
- Exhibits managerial skills
- Pleasant/positive personality
- Spanish speaking skill are a plus
Salary Range: 45-50K
Benefits: 401K, holiday bonus, uniforms, cell phone, golfing privileges, education allowance, local and national association dues, and commitment to work/life balance
Send resume’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Ben McGargill, CGCS
131 North Wynstone Drive
North Barrington, IL 60010
Date Posted: 3/23/17
Irrigation Lead Technician
Reports to: Sam Schmitz
Ball Horticultural Company
Work location: West Chicago, IL
Full-time, benefit-eligible position
Irrigation Lead Technician will work for The Gardens at Ball and Grounds Department as well as the R&D Greenhouses, operating, maintaining and installing all of our irrigation system needs.
Essential Functions: Irrigation Lead Technician:
1. Understand and operate a complex outdoor irrigation system
2. Possess familiarity with tools, parts, and maps associated with landscape irrigation systems and the knowledge of a low voltage irrigation electrical system
3. Troubleshoot, repair and address any and all irrigation issues, gardens, grounds, greenhouse
4. Perform repair and maintenance to the irrigation system/manage outside vendors when necessary
5. Possess familiarity with Drip tape, inline drip irrigation as well as individual emitters for container watering
6. Perform other duties upon managers request
1. Ability to manage, direct, and oversee grounds personnel and projects, within budgets
2. The ability to conceptualize and communicate projects, purchase, and fulfill to completion.
3. Ability to operate mechanical equipment and machinery
4. Minimum of three years of irrigation work experience is a must
5. High School graduate or equivalent, Associates Degree is a plus
6. Familiarity with irrigation controllers and their programming
7. Ability to work overtime on short notice
8. Work well as part of a team
9. English reading and writing skills required
1. Ability to lift/carry 50+ pounds
2. Must be able to stand as well as be comfortable crouching for extended periods of time
3. Physical mobility to reach, bend and stoop
4. Must have the ability to work in extreme weather conditions
Scope of Responsibility
Staff: This position will have Tech II and Tech I grounds personnel reporting
Budgets: This position has the will work within budgetary guidelines for projects and personnel
Apply by sending a resume to Kristy Puma at email@example.com
Date Posted: 3/16/17
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Horseshoe Bay Golf Club, Egg Harbor, WI
Horseshoe Bay Golf Club is one of Wisconsin’s top high-end private golf clubs. The facility is located in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin above the waters of the bay of Green Bay in beautiful Door County. The club is open 6 months of the year, from May 1st to October 31st hosting 450 members who travel from 27 states to enjoy their summer homes and the beauty of Door County.
Date Available: ASAP
Salary: $38,000 - $42,000
Benefits: Health, Dental and Life insurance; 410k; Paid vacation; National and state association dues paid; Continuing education and professional development opportunity; Clothing allowance; Golf privileges
Assist the superintendent in all facets of golf course maintenance including, but not limited to staff scheduling, training and supervision, course setup, irrigation scheduling and repair, fertilizer/pesticide applications, equipment maintenance, project management.
Two or Four year degree in turfgrass management or related field preferred. Previous experience on a golf course. Ability to obtain a Wisconsin pesticide applicator license. Be self-motivated and have a drive to ensure Horseshoe Bay’s maintenance standards are met or exceeded on a daily basis.
Responsible to: Brian Ferrie, Golf Course Superintendent
Send resume to:
Horseshoe Bay Golf Club
Attn: Brian Ferrie
5335 Horseshoe Bay Road
Egg Harbor, WI 54209
Date Posted: 3/14/17
2017 Summer Internship
Biltmore Country Club, Kemper Lakes Golf Club, and Wynstone Golf Club
****Two of three positions filled, only ONE position remaining****
This will be an internship with three different country clubs. The intern will work closely with the superintendent and assistant superintendents to maintain high quality playing conditions. Intern tasks will consist of, but not limited to, daily maintenance, landscape maintenance, irrigation repair, drainage, tree removal, fertilization/chemical calibration and application, record keeping, and small crew management. This is a great opportunity to gain experience and references from three high end country clubs in the Chicagoland area.
Requirements: Must be enrolled in or a recent graduate of a 2 or 4-year accredited college with a strong passion for the turfgrass industry. Golf course experience preferred.
Benefits: Golf privileges, attendance to one MGCSA golf event, some meals, and housing is still to be determined
Compensation: $10.00-$11.00 an hour- Time and a half after 40 hours
Biltmore Country Club: Biltmore is an 18-hole private country club located in the village of North Barrington. Biltmore has “Bent/Poa” push up greens and “Bent/Poa” tees and fairways. We are known for our planting of annuals around the clubhouse and throughout the golf course. Biltmore is adjacent to Honey Lake, which we treat and monitor under the surveillance of the Illinois EPA. Interns will have the opportunity to work with this monitoring program. Interns will also have the opportunity to be a part of monthly green committee meetings. The intern can expect to work 40-50 hours a week.
Kemper Lakes Golf Club: Kemper Lakes is a private club located in Kildeer, Illinois. Kemper will be host to the 2018 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship. This will be a great opportunity to help prepare for this major women’s event. The golf course has also played host to the 1989 PGA Championship, 1992 U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship, and the 2000 and 2001 SBC Senior Open.
Wynstone Golf Club: Wynstone Golf Club is a private country club located in North Barrington, Illinois. Established in 1989, the Club features a highly-acclaimed Jack Nicklaus Signature Design golf course, a swimming pool and tennis complex, a beautiful clubhouse and year-round activities. The golf course was recently renovated and features 007 bentgrass greens and Pennlinks II/Penneagle II bentgrass fairways. Interns can expect to work 45-50 hours per week.
Interested individuals should contact Conrad Pannkuk at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Date Posted: 3/13/17
LAKE BLUFF PARK DISTRICT
Job Title Park Maintenance Service Team Leader (Year Round)
Department Park Services
The employee shall be considered to be on duty whenever a need exists for their services. This position requires non-traditional work hours at various times throughout the year and/or season. A typical schedule is four weekdays, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. plus Saturday and Sunday 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Another typical schedule is five weekdays, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Approximately 37.5 hours per week.
The wage range is $14.00 to $17.00 per hour.
Responsible for identifying, planning, leading, supervising, and carrying-out a wide variety of general labor projects, including cleaning, maintenance, repairs, painting, construction, landscaping, snow removal and seasonal duties.
- Assist the Park Services Manager and/or Superintendent of Golf, Park & Facility Maintenance in directing and supervising the crew in the areas of park maintenance and equipment operation
- Upkeep and maintenance of our parks and facilities as assigned. Assist in the maintenance and in establishing a safe and clean environment for guests.
- Responsibilities include maintaining and landscaping the parks using motorized, electrical or hand equipment and tools.
- Ensures that all support and service is conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the Lake Bluff Park District and Lake Bluff Parks Division.
- Using weed eater, trim tree wells, park perimeter, trim edges/banks and other boundary-type areas.
- Rakes and cleans ball fields with both motorized or hand equipment.
- Cleans, provides preventative maintenance, and simple repairs of maintenance equipment.
- Performs custodial cleaning, grass mowing, and general park and building maintenance and construction.
- Mow turf as assigned. Including athletic fields, parks.
- Maintain trees and shrubs, to include watering, fertilizing and pruning.
- Maintains the landscape and flower beds.
- Plants trees, shrubs, flowers, and other landscape materials.
- Services trash receptacles.
- Maintains and cleans buildings.
- Operates automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Operates hand and power tools.
- Snow removal on sidewalks, roads, entryways, parking lots, and walking paths.
- Ice Rink grooming and snow removal
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with Park District policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Performs construction and maintenance of athletic fields and special event facilities including but not limited to: temporary fencing, installing and grading infield clay/sand loam, tent/seating set- ups, moving bleachers, soccer goal assembly and repair, drain tile installation and flood water pumping.
- Assists staff with maintenance and construction of pavements, buildings, plumbing, carpentry, electrical & lighting, furnaces, ducts, pipe lines, water lines, shelters, benches, playground equipment, signs, fencing, sewers, and drainage structures, asphalt, concrete and brick paving, stone paths, etc.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate initiative, dependability, punctuality, and the ability to complete tasks assigned in a positive manner.
Must have at least two (2) years’ experience, four (4) years preferred in related field of landscape, ground maintenance, property and/or facility maintenance, one (1) year experience preferred with snow plow operations, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Good working knowledge of landscape and grounds, maintenance tools, equipment, shop and field practices.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Ability to operate all forms of light and heavy maintenance equipment.
- Must be able to prioritize and follow/carry out a variety of assignments.
- Able to work and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s License and be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
- Illinois Pesticide Operators license or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Spanish bilingual a plus.
Under the general direction of the Director of Golf & Park Maintenance, Park Services Manager, Golf Greens Manager, and Facility Services Manager. Leader the individual must be self-motivated and capable of initiating and developing tasks on a regular basis. The individual will perform projects as assigned by the Park Services Manager. The employee is responsible for prioritizing work tasks, and for identifying and utilizing the appropriate resources to resolve a problem or situation and/or research and analyze specific data. Guidance is provided through departmental policies, Park District operating practices and procedures, and other resources as applicable to the specific project assigned. Work is evaluated at least annually, with respect to problem-solving ability, customer service, research and analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills, and performance in accordance with this classification standard.
Lifting: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Sitting: while working on riding equipment
Carrying: materials to/from truck
Pulling: grates, drills, and wheelbarrows
Standing: loading/unloading materials
Stooping: to pick up materials from ground
Reaching: when gathering materials
Grasping: to handle tools
Fingering: to operate machinery
Balancing: while reaching to extreme distances
Seeing: to operate equipment safely
Talking: to communicate with co-workers
Hearing: to communicate with co-workers
Handling: when transporting materials
The considerations described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee performing the essential functions of the position successfully. Must have the ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions such as extreme cold, high winds, rain, snow, sleet, high temperatures and humidity; to stand for long periods of time, bend, and work outdoors with limited lighting; to work with chemicals, vehicles or equipment fumes and gasses, dust and dirt. The employee must also be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The employee must be able to operate machinery and handle tools on a regular basis.
Contact: Rob Foster, Superintendent of Golf, Park and Facility Maintenance email@example.com
Date Posted: 3/13/17
Category: Full Time Golf/Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Location: Pottawatomie Golf Course
Date of Availability: Start Date TBD
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
The St. Charles Park District is seeking qualified professionals to apply for the non-exempt, full time position of Assistant Superintendent of Golf.
- Two year degree in turf management with one year of applicable experience preferred or
- Minimum of three years applicable experience without a degree
- Certified, or ability to be certified within six months of hire, State of Illinois Pesticide Operators License
- Certified, or ability to be certified, in CPR/AED/First Aid
- Valid Driver's License Required
- Direct daily and routine maintenance operations for course grounds, care of the irrigation system, and the storage and use of all equipment assigned to the Golf Course
- Conduct preventative inspections of grounds, systems, equipment while identifying and repairing deficiencies
- Operate all equipment necessary to complete duties that will include but not limited to chainsaws, backhoes, skid steers and core aerifiers.
- Full job description is attached
Salary: $16-19 per hour hiring range with full benefits
Apply Online Here
Date posted: 3/3/17
Boulder Ridge Country Club
350 Boulder Drive
Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
Course Description: A 27-hole private country club located within an upscale residential development. The original 18 holes, designed by Robert Lohmann opened in 1990. An additional 9 holes, also designed by Lohmann, were completed in 2005.
Duties:Partake in all aspects of golf course and related club property maintenance.
The individual will work closely with the superintendent and all other management within the organization.
These duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervising, scheduling, and training of staff
- Application of fertilizers, pesticides, and other materials required for plant health and appearance
- Hands-on participation of tasks involved in set up and upkeep of the course and property
- Oversight and participation of irrigation repairs and upkeep
- Assist in planning and implementing projects such as bunker renovation, drainage installation, and landscape improvements
- Snow removal
- Minimum 2-year degree in turf maintenance or related field
- Three or more years/seasons of golf course maintenance experience
- Previous experience as first or second assistant, irrigation specialist, or crew leader preferred
- Spanish speaking skills are a plus
- Possesses or is able to obtain a state pesticide license
- Valid drivers license
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong leadership qualities
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- Team player with flexibility in regard to time and tasks
Salary: $37,000 - $43,000 Commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Association dues (local and national)
- Education opportunities
- Golf privileges
Responsible to: Paul Wagner, superintendent
Send cover letter and resume with professional references to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 3/2/17