job listingsContact MAGCS to submit your listing or phone 630-685-2420.
Spreader Truck Operator / Delivery Driver
Arthur Clesen Inc. is currently looking for a Spreader Truck Operator. Candidates hired for this position must be self-motivated, mathematically proficient, strong communication skills, well organized and articulate. Prior fertilizer application experience and knowledge of turf and ornamental management is a plus.
Reports to: Bob Crane, Mokena Branch & Application Manager
Date: February 29, 2016
Perform a variety of tasks: Deliveries, spreading, warehouse, office and shop duties in a safe and efficient manner with the upmost respect and appreciation for our customers, vendors and fellow employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operating ACI Spreader truck – application of fertilizer to turf acres on Golf Courses and Parks. Driving Delivery truck, trailer and forklift.
Send Resume to:
Arthur Clesen Inc.
Bob Crane, Branch Manager
9710 W 194th Street Mokena, IL 60448
Date Posted: 6/27/17
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
Kankakee Country Club
Reports to: Golf Course Superintendent; General Manager
Under the supervision of the golf course superintendent, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment. Also, he/she may serve in the superintendent’s absence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers and promotes prompt, courteous and friendly service to all members, guests and employees.
- Motivates and directs staff on a daily basis.
- Trains new staff members.
- Promotes customer service toward fellow employees and guests.
- Cleans restrooms when necessary.
- Empties trash receptacles when necessary.
- Washes and details equipment after each use.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways.
- Prepares work schedules.
- Supervises employees and their use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other
- Supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide
- application equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the operation of maintenance of pumps, and in the
- maintenance of irrigation and drainage items.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee’s safety, personnel,
- discipline and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional
- Maintains current Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), as required by law.
- Anything required by Superintendent to maximize efficiency.
*The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and safely. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please speak to your supervisor or contact the Green Golf Human Resources Department if you feel that you require an accommodation.
High School Diploma required. Higher Education degree in Turf Management, Agronomy or Horticulture preferred. Must obtain any required local and state licenses or certifications.
Previous maintenance experience in golf operations required. A minimum of three years experience in the golf industry. Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens (seeding, planting, cultivating, pruning, fertilizing, herbicides, irrigation).
Ability to communicate effectively with managers, guests and employees in one-on-one and small group situations in a fast paced environment. Must be computer literate. Must be able to perform math computations essential for budgeting and cost analysis purposes. One year supervisory experience required. Bilingual a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, and crouch; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. At times, may be required to operate machinery or a motor vehicle.
Salary range is $32,000-42,000 doe, Health Benefits, 401k are available.
Email resumes to: John Rader at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date posted: 6/1/17
Assistant Superintendent - Park Ridge Country Club
Park Ridge Country Club is looking for an assistant superintendent with a horticulture or agronomy degree and golf course maintenance experience. $47,500/yr. salary plus benefits. Send resume to Joel Purpur, CGCS - email@example.com or Park Ridge Country Club, 636 N. Prospect Ave., Park Ridge, IL 60068.
Date Posted: 5/18/17
Assistant Superintendent - Glencoe Golf Club
Educational Requirements: Two to four-year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Three years of experience in turfgrass maintenance and daily golf course operations in a supervisory role
- Ability to obtain an IL pesticide applicator license
- Capital experience with irrigation and drainage projects; landscape and hardscape project experience a plus
- Ability to train/supervise/schedule a crew of up to 15 in a safe and efficient manner
- Cool season turf grass experience with poa annua and bent grass varieties
- Ability to manage the course and grounds in the absence of the Superintendent
- A desire to advance within the turfgrass industry
- Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence, professional manner and a great attitude
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required
- To help ensure our employees' safety, we conduct background checks, pre-employment physicals and are a drug-free workplace.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours; days, evenings, weekends and holidays as demanded by business cycles. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Calibrate and perform applications of pesticides, fertilizers, and seed; including the proper documentation of all applications, and the safe handling and storage of all pesticides and fertilizers
- Supervise and participate in the set up and monitoring of irrigation system, pump station and all related duties
- Scouting course conditions using IPM techniques
- Provide input on projects, budgets, staff development, employee evaluations, discipline and termination issues and wage increases, and the hiring of new employees
- Ensures a safe and clean working environment and that all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline
- Assist mechanic as needed; mechanical knowledge/ability a plus
- Performs all other related tasks as deemed necessary by management
- Must possess valid driver’s license
Provided: IMRF pension, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Vacation/Holiday/Sick Pay, Uniforms, Dues, Safety Pay, Golf Privileges. Section 125 Pre-Tax elections, Flexible Spending, Unum Group Critical Illness and 457 Plan also offered. Salary Range $45,000-$52,000 DOE
Glencoe Golf Club
Date Posted: 5/18/17