job listingsContact MAGCS to submit your listing or phone 630-685-2420.
Old Oak CC is looking for an Equipment Technician. The position is available immediately.
Golf Course Superintendent
Date Posted: 9/24/18
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Arlington Heights Park District
$40,000 - $50,000
The Arlington Heights Park District operates two golf courses and a driving range. Arlington Lakes is a newly-renovated 18-hole course on the south side of town. Nickol Knoll is a par-three, nine-hole course on the north side of town. Sunset Meadows driving range is north of Arlington Lakes.
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for performing a variety of daily, seasonal and/or routine golf course maintenance functions as well as oversee work crew preforming those functions.
- Accountable to the Golf Maintenance Supervisor Assists in supervision of part-time maintenance staff at Arlington Lakes Golf Course, Nickol Knoll Golf Course and Sunset Meadows Driving Range in the absence of the Golf Maintenance Supervisor May lead a crew, as directed
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES • Performs all required tasks to maintain golf course tees, greens, fairways and bunkers • Diagnoses and controls weeds, diseases and insects • Applies fertilizer and fungicide, as needed • Submits reports to the Golf Course Maintenance Supervisor, as directed • Operates trucks, mowers, sod cutters, chain saws, hand and power tools and all other maintenance and mechanical equipment • Prepares and cleans beds, plants, trims, prunes, mulches, waters, weeds, stakes, fertilizes, rakes, shovels, digs, spreads wood chips, back fills and levels soil to complete and maintain grounds and complete horticultural projects • Operates tractors, mowing equipment and small engine powered equipment for mowing and renovation of golf courses and driving range • Loads, unloads and delivers equipment and supplies, as needed • Plows, shovels, snow blows, brooms and salts to remove ice and snow • Cleans, adjusts and maintains mowers, golf carts, tools and equipment • Cleans work site when projects are completed • Attends work on a regular basis • Performs the job safely and in compliance with District policies, procedures, work and safety rules, and the employee handbook • Maintains a clean and organized work environment • Additional functions as assigned which may be considered essential
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES • Maintains and makes minor repairs to automatic irrigation system • Changes pins and tee markers • Repairs and replaces pipe on irrigation system • Rakes and maintains sand traps • Renovates reel and rotary mowers • Grades and prepares base, lays sod and seeds tees, greens and fairways • Maintains weather and chemical application records • Maintains minor maintenance records • Repairs and adjusts equipment, mounts seasonal accessories and mixes 2-cycle fuel • Purchases supplies, as needed • Assists the Parks Maintenance Supervisors on assigned projects as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE • Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in approved trade associations and organizations • Good knowledge of horticulture and turf care • Good knowledge of the game of golf • Good knowledge of seeding and maintenance of turf used on golf courses and driving ranges • Good knowledge and skills in the use and maintenance of hand tools and grounds equipment, including but not limited to riding and hand mowers, weed whips, chippers, and chain saws, • Good knowledge of the hazards and safety of the work performed • Understanding of appropriate chemical disposal
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES • Capacity to safely operate a variety of maintenance equipment and machinery • Ability to clean, calibrate, make adjustments and perform routine maintenance on equipment • Capacity to safely dispose of various chemicals • Ability to work from blueprints, sketches and drawings • Ability to follow established Park District safety rules and guidelines • Ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships with fellow workers, patrons and the public • Ability to work around the public and golfers in public areas • Capacity to utilize effective time management skills to complete assigned work • Ability to follow through on projects from beginning to end without immediate supervision • Capacity to lead crews, solve problems and make project-related decisions • Ability to follow directions and communicate in English both verbally and in writing and to read and understand materials printed in English • Ability to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations • Capacity to perform basic mathematical computations including measuring, calculating and estimating and the ability to measure with and read rulers and other measuring devices • Ability to pass the Park District’s Defensive Driving training within two (2) weeks of employment, in order to drive Park District vehicles • Strong knowledge of pertinent safety precautions • Ability to pass CPR and AED Certification with within six (6) months of employment
HOURS • Sunday through Saturday, 40 hours a week, with work hours designated by the Director of Recreation and Facilities • Overtime, night, weekend and holiday work hours, as required • Employee is considered to be on duty whenever the need exists
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING • AA/AS in a turf grass related field. BS or BA preferred • Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in golf course maintenance with supervisory and/or management responsibility • Possesses or is working towards to obtaining IDA Public Pesticide Operators License within three (3) months of employment • Works toward acquiring a minimum of three (3) certifications or licenses from the list of electives below: • IDA Public Pesticide Applicators License • ILCA Certified Landscape Technician-Exterior (CLT-E) • ILCA Foreman Certification • IA Certified Irrigation Technician (CIT)
- ISA Certified Arborist Related College Degree or Certificate Or, any equivalent combination of education, experience and training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS • Frequent and sustained sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. • Heavy work, lifting up to 75 frequently with assistance, 50 pounds frequently without assistance and up to 20 pounds without assistance constantly
- General work area is outdoors, with frequent exposure to natural and potentially extreme weather conditions while performing job duties Exposure to chemicals such as fertilizers, pesticides, cleaning solutions, solvents, petroleum products, etc. Exposure to mud, dirt, dust and decaying organic material Exposure to chronic infectious disease while performing routine first aid or emergency procedures Protective clothing and equipment is required as it pertains to the particular job duty: Ear plugs or ear covers Safety goggles, glasses or face shield Protective footwear, OSHA approved and meeting ANSI standards Protective gloves Rubber boots Hard hat Back brace Knee pads Protective suit or outerwear Chain saw chaps Protective clothing and equipment is required as it pertains to the particular job duty: Microshield Non-latex gloves
Closing Date: October 5, 2018
Date Posted: 9/12/18
ASSISTANT GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
IDLEWILD COUNTRY CLUB
Course Description: 18-Hole Private Country Club established in 1908 located in Flossmoor, IL. The course plays to 6,700 yards on Bent/Poa Greens, Tees, & Fairways and hosts 19,000 annual rounds.
Job Description:To assist the Superintendent and Grounds Staff in providing the membership with the desired course conditions. Duties include but not limited to; golf course maintenance, supervision & training of staff, purchasing responsibility, irrigation system management, plant protectant and fertilizer applications, and maintenance of clubhouse lawns, flower gardens, trees, and ornamental plantings.
Requirements: Associate or Bachelor degree in Turfgrass Management, Agronomy, Plant & Soil Science, or equivalent training and experience. Two years of golf course experience and must possess or be able to obtain an Illinois Pesticide Applicators License.
Salary: $40,000 to $50,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Life and Health insurance, paid annual vacation, 401k program, meals, golfing privileges, dues for local & national associations, and expenses for attending regional seminars.
Additional Information: Looking for an individual with some experience but more importantly a responsible individual with the desire & motivation to learn and work within the “team” framework. Exciting projects in near future with new irrigation system installation and In-House with Contracted long range golf course renovation combined with progressive course maintenance are key experiences that will be achieved as the Assistant Superintendent at Idlewild Country Club.
Send/Email Resume to:
Idlewild Country Club
Attention: Kurt Sams, CGCS
P.O. Box 285
Flossmoor, IL 60422
Position Available: January 2019
Application Deadline: October 31st, 2018
Date Posted: 9/10/18
GROUNDS AND GREENS SUPERINTENDENT PROFILE: EXMOOR COUNTRY CLUB, HIGHLAND PARK, IL
GROUNDS AND GREENS SUPERINTENDENT AT EXMOOR COUNTRY CLUB
Exmoor Country Club is seeking a Grounds and Greens Superintendent (Superintendent) with an understanding of exceptional playing conditions, strong agronomic skills and a high golf IQ. He/she will be an outgoing leader, mentor, and hands-on team player.
View complete job description and details here.
Date Posted: 8/27/18
Assistant Superintendent – River Forest Country Club
River Forest Country Club is a private 18-hole club located approximately 16 miles west of downtown Chicago in Elmhurst, IL. The club was established in 1926, and is a classic parkland style golf course. The club’s additional amenities include a clubhouse, pool and pool house, and asphalt tennis courts. The club covers 145 acres and boasts narrow tree lined bentgrass / poa annua fairways and small, fast, round, bentgrass / poa annua greens. In August 2016 a golf course renovation took place. The renovation included numerous drainage projects, all new Better Billy Bunkers, with Pro Angle sand. Also included were fairway expansions, new run out areas, new cart paths, tee leveling, and added a short range expansion with a new green and fairway to be compleated in the spring of 2017.
A two year or four year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field. At least one successful season as a student intern.
At least two years experience working on a golf course; will strongly consider spring 2019 graduates. Please list any specialized training or experiences.
We are seeking an energetic candidate with the “Do what it takes” attitude to assist the superintendent and existing assistant in all duties associated with maintaining the grounds of a private club. The candidate will possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work well independently or with other members of the team. The assistant will work closely with the superintendent and existing assistant to ensure that the best playing conditions are being met on a daily basis. The assistant will gain knowledge in all aspects of golf course management including, but not limited to chemical and fertilizer applications, course set-up, irrigation repair, drainage repair and installation, proper hand watering techniques, landscape maintenance and design, and crew supervision.
Meals, uniform allowance from pro shop, medical, dental, vision, 401K after 1 year, dues paid for local and national associations, opportunity to attend national conference, opportunity to attend local meetings and seminars, and golf privileges.
Contact Information: Please send resume to Brian Kimbrough: email@example.com
Date Posted: 8/27/18
CONWAY FARMS GOLF CLUB
Educational Requirements: Degree in Turfgrass Management or related field.
Experience Requirements: Previous golf course experience is preferred, but not required.
Conway Farms Golf Club is a private, golf only facility located in Northern Illinois approximately 30 miles north of downtown Chicago. Conway Farms is a Fazio design and opened for play in 1991, although fairly young many events have exposed the club nationally. Some events include the 1997 Men’s Division 1 Championship, 2009 Western Amateur, 2012 US Mid-Amateur, 2013 BMW Championship, 2015 BMW Championship, and the 2017 BMW Championship.
Candidate will work closely with superintendent, assistant superintendent, crew foreman, and mechanic. Candidate will be expected to carry out any and all jobs assigned with great detail and attitude. This is a great opportunity to expose yourself in what it takes to maintain at tournament level everyday as well as be a part of numerous projects as we enter into a long-range capital planning project to address many areas throughout the course.
The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent. Under the superintendent's supervision, the assistant superintendent directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course greens, tees, fairways, and the entire property of Conway Farms Golf Club; supervises the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment; and does related work as required. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work; and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Attending educational seminars and industry trade shows to keep up with current best practices and help bring new ideas back to the club.
- Any miscellaneous tasks assigned by the superintendent.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with a positive team-focused attitude
- Knowledge and interest in the game of golf
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Must possess a current Illinois state license as a pesticide applicator within 60 days of employment.
- 50-60K plus Annual Bonus
- 401K with a percentage club match
- Uniform allowance
- Meals in the clubhouse
- Golf privileges
- Local and National Association Dues
- Expenses for Golf Industry Show/local education events
- Education allowance
- Tournament experience – paid expenses to work a week at a profession event
- Attend Green Committee meetings
Date Available: September 2018
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the email below:
Connor Healy, MBA
Date Posted: 8/22/18
Position: Irrigation Technician
Northmoor Country Club is looking for an Irrigation Technician.
All interested parties please contact:
Date Posted: 8/15/18
Position Title: Assistant Superintendent
Job Location: Cantigny Golf, Wheaton, Illinois
Position Reports To: Director of Agronomy
Date of Notice: August 3rd, 2018
Send Resume To: Steve Kuretsky: SKuretsky@Cantigny.org
Cantigny Golf, part of the Chicago-based Robert R. McCormick Foundation and located on the former Wheaton (IL) estate of Robert R. McCormick, stands apart as perhaps the finest public golf facility in the Midwest. Cantigny’s 27-hole layout is both challenging and scenic, while its award winning Par 3 Youth Links course is instrumental in Cantigny’s efforts to grow the game. When Cantigny opened in 1989 it was named “Best New Public Course in America” by Golf Digest. Since then it has been recognized as a “Top 100 Public Course” and hosted many prestigious tournaments including The Western Junior Championship in 2006, The 82nd U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship in 2007, a four time host of The Illinois State Amateur Championship since 1996, as well as the 2019 Illinois State Amateur Championship next summer.
Designed by Roger Packard, Cantigny’s Woodside, Lakeside and Hillside nines weave their way through native oak, maple and hickory trees, over and around lakes and streams. The signature hole is Lakeside No. 9, named “Dick Tracy” after the fairway bunker that resembles the famous comic strip character. The unique bunker is one of several features on the course that that pay homage to Colonel McCormick, the long-time editor and publisher of the Chicago Tribune. He passed away in 1955 and designated his 500-acre Cantigny estate as a gift to the community.
The Assistant Superintendent will: Work closely with the Director of Agronomy on the planning and implementing of the budget, operating plans, as well as train and supervise the staff, Assist the Director of Agronomy and other Assistants in managing both Cantigny Golf, and the Cantigny Youth Links, and will be involved in all activities related to the care and maintenance of the entire 36-hole facility and its equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved with high efficiency.
- · Supervise and perform various maintenance duties to maintain the golf course in proper playing conditions according to company standards.
- · Spray turf areas with plant protectants and nutrients. Apply dry fertilizers to all areas within our agronomic program.
- · Supervise all planting and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds.
- · Assist with the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and Integrated Pest Management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
- · Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
- · Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- · Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- · Maintain accurate records pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
- · Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- · Perform other duties as appropriate.
- · Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a Turfgrass related field, B.S. or B.A. preferred.
- · 2 years golf course maintenance, supervisory and/or management experience.
- · Demonstrated experience and capability in staff management
- · Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- · Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including weekends.
- · Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- · Ability to speak Spanish a plus, but not a requirement.
- · Possession of, or ability to obtain an Illinois pesticide license within 3 months of employment
Compensation and Benefits:
- · Salary 45,000 – 55,000 depending on experience
- · Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Long and Short Disability, 401k
- · Vacation and Sick Time
- · Uniforms
- · Golf privileges
- · Local and National Association Dues
- · Educational opportunities
Date Posted: 8/6/18
White Deer Run Golf Club
Course Description: White Deer Run Golf Club is an upscale privately owned public golf course located 35 miles north of Chicago in Vernon Hills. Built on 240 acres, including numerous ponds and wetlands, the course has been open since 1998. It has a spectacular layout that utilizes all the water features while routing through and around the neighboring housing community. Greens are a pure strand of L-93 while fairways and tees are a bentgrass/poa mix.
Job Description: The Assistant Superintendent will work closely with the Superintendent and assist with all facets of golf course maintenance. Including but not limited to spraying, fertilizing, hand watering, crew management, course set-up, budgeting, keeping spray logs, irrigation/drainage installation and repair. The Assistant will have their own office and computer to keep spray records and inventories of various supplies. This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to get their feet wet in the industry and aspires to be a head superintendent of their own someday.
Education Requirements: A two year or four year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field. Lack of degree can be made up for in years of experience.
- At least 1 year experience as an intern or assistant preferred
- Previous spraying and irrigation repair experience a plus
- Knowledge of the game of golf
- Good communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to obtain Illinois Applicator Pesticide License in first 60 days
- Valid Driver's License
Special Requirements: We are looking for someone who will take pride in their work and be able to go the extra mile when necessary. Lack of experience can made up in willingness to learn. Weather can dictate work hours, but we strive to be efficient and smart about how we get things done. The Assistant will be on an every other weekend schedule or a potential every Saturday or Sunday off. Hard work and time put in during the golf season will be repaid with special work hours in the winter.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Pro Shop Allowance for Uniform, 401K after 1 year, Meals, dues paid for local and national associations, opportunity to attend local meetings and seminars, and golfing privileges.
Salary: $42,000-48,000 per year
Contact: Please send resumes to Mike Gianopoulos,firstname.lastname@example.org
250 Greggs Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Date Posted: 8/1/18
ASSISTANT GROUNDS SUPERINTENDENT
Bartlett Hills Golf Course, owned and operated by the Village of Bartlett, has an immediate opening for a full-time, experienced Assistant Grounds Superintendent for grounds maintenance operations.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of a crew responsible for grounds and facility maintenance services for the Golf Course.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing grounds and facility maintenance services for the Golf Course; identify resource needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Participate in the selection of maintenance staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Oversee and participate in daily grounds maintenance activities including mowing of lawns, fairways and greens; schedule the changing of cups and tee markers; coordinate and participate in the Golf Course irrigation schedule.
- Oversee and participate in the application of fertilizers and pesticides to the Golf Course; ensure safe application and safety procedures are followed.
- Oversee equipment maintenance activities including golf carts and grounds maintenance equipment; oversee irrigation system maintenance activities
- Supervise, coordinate, and participate in building maintenance activities; supervise activities involving the painting and repair of facilities; oversee the repair of mechanical, plumbing, and electrical components; oversee carpentry and other related repair activities.
Preferred candidate must possess a Pesticide Operators License through the Illinois Department of Agriculture, Applicators License preferred.
The Village of Bartlett offers an excellent work environment, as well as a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental and life insurance; IMRF pension plan; paid vacation, personal and sick leave; deferred compensation plans; and paid membership dues in professional work-related associations. The starting salary for this position is $50,205.
How to Apply: Interested candidates must apply online at the following link: www.village.bartlett.il.us/. Under the “How Do I” tab at the top of the page, click on the link to employment opportunities and use the “apply now” tab under the job posting. Please submit a completed application along with any supporting documents (resume, cover letter, etc.).
Deadline for applications is Friday, August 17th ~ 4:30pm
~ The Village of Bartlett is an Equal Opportunity Employer ~
Date Posted: 8/1/18
White Eagle Golf Club
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
WEGC is a private Arnold Palmer Golf Club located in Naperville, IL (2018 2nd Best City to live in America) and just 30 minutes from Chicago. Targeting Spring 2019 for Master Plan renovation to the golf course.
Educational Requirements: Minimum 2 year degree in turfgrass related field. Also, would consider a May graduate.
Experience Requirements: Prior experience working on a golf course a must.
Special Requirements: Will work closely with Golf Course Superintendent as there is only one Assistant. Will be expected to preform course setup, irrigation duties, pesticide/fertilizer applications, crew supervision, hand watering, and member/staff communications.
Job Benefits: Health/Dental/401(k)/Meals/Uniforms/Dues to local & national org.'s
Date Job is Available: August 2, 2018
Job Application Instructions: Please email resume & cover letter (only)
Rich Harvest Farms
8S011 Camp Dean Road, Big Rock, IL 60511
2nd Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Educational Requirements – 2 or 4 year degree in turf science or related field
Experience Requirements – 2 years golf course experience required, elite private club experience preferred
Special Requirements – Candidate must be self-motivated and possess a great attitude and work ethic. Ideal candidate has a desire to advance within the industry. Must show the utmost professionalism, attention to detail, and leadership qualities to exceed expectations on a daily basis. Rich Harvest Farms is held to the highest of standards and so are its employees and representatives.
Salary Range – $16.00 per hour with OT given to the position to reach $40k per year.
Benefits – On-site housing, meals, uniforms, 50/50 health insurance, vacation, GCSAA and MAGCS dues paid, golfing privileges
Application Deadline – 8/1/2018
Date Available – 8/10/2018
Course Details – Rich Harvest Farms is a world-class golf-only facility owned and designed by Mr. Jerry Rich. In 1987, Jerry began the development of Rich Harvest Farms and ten years later, all 18 holes were completed. It was rated 5th Best New Private Golf Course by Golf Digest in 1997 and three years later, made Golf Digest’s America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses. Rich Harvest Farms has hosted the 2009 Solheim Cup, 2015 Palmer Cup, 2017 NCAA Men’s and Women’s National Championship and continually hosts multiple tournaments each year. Rich Harvest Farms is currently ranked 88 in the Golf Digest ranking.
Most projects that occur at Rich Harvest Farms are done in-house, providing an ideal situation for a young turf professional to learn and gain valuable experience to best prepare them for career advancement in the golf course industry.
Course Website – www.richharvestfarms.com
Contact Information –
Golf Course Superintendent
8S011 Camp Dean Road
Big Rock, IL 60511
Date Posted: 7/10/18
JOB OPPORTUNITY with the Oswegoland Park District:
Golf Course Mechanic/Technician (Full-Time)
“Creating Opportunities for a Healthy Community”
Reporting to the Fox Bend Golf Course Superintendent, the Mechanic/Technician is responsible for the general maintenance and repair of the grounds maintenance equipment, developing and implementing the preventative maintenance schedule, upkeep of equipment repair records and expenses, sharpening and adjusting reel mowers, organization of work shop, tools and parts inventory. Responsibilities include basic equipment operation in order to trouble shoot and avoid potential safety or performance issues. Additional responsibilities include some involvement in the prioritizing of job assignments and analysis of operation efficiencies as well as other duties as assigned. This position sometimes works a varied schedule, including occasional nights and weekends as required.
Applicants must have a minimum of two years mechanic or golf course technician experience. Have an understanding of various sizes of gas and diesel engines as well as electrical and hydraulic systems. Display effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Possess decision-making, conflict resolution and organizational skills. Have the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Must be willing to accept change and be open for new techniques. Basic working knowledge of a business computer is required.
TARGET HIRING RANGE: $40,000 – $50,000
BENEFITS WE OFFER
In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefit package, including:
- Medical Coverage, PPO or HMO
- Dental Coverage
- Prescription Coverage
- Vision Reimbursement Program
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability (IMRF)
- Pension / Defined Benefit Plan (IMRF)
- 457 Plan / Defined Contribution Plan
- Paid Time Off & Paid Emergency Leave
- Technical Training Reimbursement
- Professional Membership Dues Reimbursement
- Park District Discounts and Usage Benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Visit us at www.OswegolandParkDistrict.org – click on “Get Involved” then “Employment” in the upper right corner
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Robert Kohlstedt 630-554-3992
If interested, please apply early. Recruiting and interviewing will begin immediately.
The Oswegoland Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted: 6/26/18
Job Posting For Lead Technician Lockport Township Park District
Seeking a Lead Technician to join a motivated and cooperative service team. Job responsibilities will include maintenance and repair of both golf course and Park District equipment and vehicles. Must have good knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, mechanical systems, along with reel and bedknife sharpening. Will need to oversee and aid assistant technicians in the shop. The fleet of 350 assets is a combination of all equipment for the Prairie Bluff Golf Course as well as the fleet of vehicles and mowers the Lockport Township Park District operates.
Qualifications: High school diploma, Degree or accredited certification from automotive and or turf industry. Minimum 2 years experience working on vehicles and turf equipment. Must have valid State of Illinois Class “C” license and be CPR certified. Must have own basic hand tools.
Compensation: This is a full-time position working an average of 40 hours per week. Health and retirement benefits available. Salary based on experience and skills.
Visit www.lockportpark.org for job application.
Email resumes to email@example.com
Or fax to 815 836 7762 Attention Kevin
Date posted: 6/13/18
Medinah Country Club, Medinah IL
Course Description: Tom Bendelow design; 54 holes; $4.5 million budget, staff of 75, 650 acres, 007 Greens, Tees & Fairways; Top 100 club has been the site of 6 Major Championships, 2019 BMW Championship, Toro Lynx irrigation.
Duties: Successfully prepare for 2019 BMW Championship; trains, mentors and monitors staff and Interns in chem./fert applications; meets/interfaces with all vendors; inventory control; Irrigation/water management; winter equipment maintenance and repair; disease scouting; drainage repairs; insures success of quality playing surfaces.
Benefits: Compensation package includes: competitive wage, 401K, health insurance, vision, dental, uniforms, partial meals, education allowance.
Requirements: Excellent employment history; strong work ethic; minimum 2 year Degree in Turf Management or related field; 2 years previous golf course experience; prior experience at “Top 100” club or comparable high end golf course; proven ability to work within team atmosphere.
Position available: 2018
Resume w/references to:
Steven M. Cook, CGCS, MG
Medinah CC 6N001 Medinah Rd
Medinah IL 60157
Other: We offer: training and mentoring, job success/advancement, earnings potential and positive work relationships. Top candidates will be career oriented and have an outstanding work record. (Interview expenses paid and relocation allowance.)
Date Posted: 6/7/18
MEDINAH COUNTRY CLUB
Medinah Country Club is seeking a full time mechanic. Competitive compensation package includes: full health/dental/vision, meals, uniforms, 401K plan, relocation allowance, cel phone allowance, continuing education/tool allowance, paid time off system. Required skills: diesel, 4-cycle, 2 cycle, hydraulics, welding, fabrication and computer experience; demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team atmosphere.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Head Mechanic will report to the Director of Grounds and Course Superintendents. The primary responsibilities are to maintain the entire equipment inventory in a “like new” condition, recommend areas of improvement and new equipment purchases, manage the design and renovation of the mechanics work space, recommend policies and procedures to keep equipment clean and organized, fuel and oil inventory, interact with staff and vendors in a positive manner.
- In 2019 Medinah will host the BMW Championship. Between today and the Championship, the entire equipment inventory (approximately $3million) will need to be serviced and brought up to a championship standard. The mechanic bay will be cleaned, organized and renovated over the next 18 months. The successful candidate will lead that project in conjunction with the Director of Grounds.
- Superintendents and Assistants with an aptitude for mechanical repairs given strong consideration.
Credentials with references to:
Steve Cook, CGCS, MG
Director of Grounds, Medinah CC
6N001 Medinah Road
Medinah IL 60157
Date Posted: 5/29/18