MAGCS Employment Referral Service (ERS)
Hiring a golf course superintendent can be a daunting task. In fact, when green committees or managers are given the task of finding one, the job can become overwhelming and stressful. The Midwest Association of Golf Course Superintendents (MAGCS) Employment Referral Service (ERS) eases those stress and helps employers find their ideal Golf Course Superintendent by:
- Providing employers with detailed hiring information and frequently asked questions.
- Meeting with golf course managers and search committees to explain the Golf Course Superintendent profession, industry, qualifications, education, and other related topics.
- Narrowing the applicant search by helping the club write a specific position announcement.
- Educating search committees about the interview process.
- Posting job announcements on the MAGCS.org webite; thus, making it avaialbe to wide arrary of professionals.
MAGCS was established in 1926 by a small group of Chicago area "Greenkeepers” to provide networking, education, and career advancement opportunities to those who facilitate the growth and enjoyment of golf. Since its inception, MAGCS has gone on to include over eight hundred members, representing close to three hundred golf courses in the greater Chicago metropolitan area.
Basic MAGCS memberships include:
- Regular – Golf Course Superintendents from the Chicagoland/Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan areas.
- Assistant – Assistant Golf Course Superintendents from the Chicagoland/Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan areas.
- Associate – Men and women in supportive businesses who provide a vast array of essential products and valuable services.
- Technician – Students and golf course employees.
For more information or to set up an appointment, please call (630) 685-2420 or email MAGCS.
- Honorary members - University and industry experts who provide research, education, and counsel to those directly involved with golf course management.