job listingsContact MAGCS to submit your listing or phone 630-685-2420.
Position Title: Deerpath Golf Course Mechanic
Job Location: Deerpath Golf Course 500 W. Deerpath Rd. Lake Forest, IL 60045
Start Date: When filled
Reports to: Kyle Wiebenga, Golf Course Superintendent
Send Applications to: email@example.com
Deerpath Golf Course is an 18-hole, par-70 public golf course in Lake Forest, IL that measures over 6200 yards in length. At 120 acres, this course demands accuracy with large, mature trees, tight fairways, and small greens. The naturalized prairie areas, meandering stream, and newly built comfort station enhance the overall golf experience. The driving range and short game facilities make Deerpath Golf Course a premier public facility along the North Shore. Deerpath Golf Course is in the third phase of a multi-million-dollar renovation. Deerpath has added a new banquet patio, facility drainage, continuous cart paths, 45 new lithium golf carts and comfort station.
Under general supervision, the Mechanic repairs all equipment associated with the course maintenance department. Responsibilities also include planning and implementing a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment; training staff in safe use, proper care and maintenance of assigned equipment; and advising the Superintendent regarding major equipment failures and/or replacement needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect equipment for operating deficiencies; repair and adjust equipment as needed.
- Lubricate and service all course maintenance equipment as necessary.
- Maintain service, repair and usage records on all equipment.
- Establish safety procedures and maintain safety records for equipment operation.
- Demonstrate to staff the use of new equipment; train in safe operation, proper care and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Plan and implement a preventative maintenance schedule for equipment.
- Advise the Superintendent regarding major equipment failures and/or replacement needs.
- Perform general overhauls for equipment as needed.
- Perform duties and aid in ad hoc projects.
- High school, college degree, required or preferred.
- 1-year experience with golf course equipment repair or auto repair.
- Valid driver’s license. Driving record meeting Company safety policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to repair golf course equipment.
- Demonstrated quality verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Supervises: Seasonal employees and other staff using maintenance equipment.
Classification: Full-time, Salaried position
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 11/14/19
Growing Solutions is seeking a Service Technician / Delivery Driver. Candidate must be looking for a long-term position with opportunity for advancement within the company!
- Service/Install irrigation injection equipment
- Deliver products to customer locations in a timely manner
- Some travel required
- Load and unload vehicle/truck
- Inspect and monitor delivery vehicle
- Maintain accurate inventory of packages and materials
- Plumbing/electrical experience preferred
- Experience in delivery driving, customer service, or other related fields
- Clean driving record
- Ability to handle physical workload/lift 50+lbs.
Growing Solutions a family owned business that is rapidly growing with great opportunity for advancement and very little employee turnover.
About Growing Solutions Inc: Growing Solutions works primarily within the golf, nursery and commercial turf industries. We manufacture and distribute our own unique product called pHirst Water Amendment that is used to treat irrigation water pH and bicarbonate control for hundreds of golf courses and nurseries nationwide. The owner has been in the turf industry for the last 28 years and has specialized in irrigation water treatment for the last 20 years. Our website www.YourGrowingSolutions.com
Growing Solutions, Inc.
Date Posted: 11/14/19
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Glen Oak Country Club
View details here.
Date Posted: 10/17/19
Glencoe Golf Club
Village of Glencoe
621 Westley Road, Glencoe, IL 60022
Educational Requirements: Two to four-year degree in Turfgrass Management or related field.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Three years of experience in turfgrass maintenance and daily golf course operations in a supervisory role
- Ability to obtain an IL pesticide applicator license
- Capital experience with irrigation and drainage projects; landscape and hardscape project experience a plus
- Ability to train/supervise/schedule a crew of up to 15 in a safe and efficient manner
- Mechanical ability to assist with equipment in the off season
- Cool season turf grass experience with poa annua and bent grass varieties
- Ability to manage the course and grounds in the absence of the Superintendent
- A desire to advance within the turfgrass industry
- Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence, professional manner and a great attitude
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required
- To help ensure our employees' safety, we conduct background checks, pre-employment physicals and are a drug-free workplace.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours; days, evenings, weekends and holidays as demanded by business cycles. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Calibrate and perform applications of pesticides, fertilizers, and seed; including the proper documentation of all applications, and the safe handling and storage of all pesticides and fertilizers
- Supervise and participate in the set up and monitoring of irrigation system, pump station and all related duties
- Scouting course conditions using IPM techniques
- Mechanical ability to assist with equipment in the off season
- Provide input on projects, budgets, staff development, employee evaluations, discipline and termination issues and wage increases, and the hiring of new employees
- Ensures a safe and clean working environment and that all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline
- Assist mechanic as needed; mechanical knowledge/ability a plus
- Performs all other related tasks as deemed necessary by management
- Must possess valid driver’s license
Benefits: Provided: IMRF pension, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Vacation/Holiday/Sick Pay, Uniforms, Dues, Golf Privileges. Section 125 Pre-Tax elections, Flexible Spending and 457 Plan also offered. Salary Range $45,000-$54,000 DOE
Golf Course Mechanic
Wilmette Golf Club Wilmette, IL
The Wilmette Golf Club was originally designed by Joseph Roseman and opened in 1922. It has been owned and operated by the Wilmette Park District since November of 1972. The Wilmette Park District oversees 300 acres of parks and facilities including Lake Michigan beach front, ice rinks, tennis, paddle courts, aquatic center, fitness center, and all related programs, camps, and activities.
The Wilmette Golf Club is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated team member who is willing to embrace all aspects of golf maintenance to enhance today’s golf experience. The ideal candidate will be motivated, resourceful, and innovative with a proven track record of driving results. Candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to adapt and problem solve while also successfully exercising independent thinking skills.
- Three to five years of experience as an Equipment Technician or Assistant Equipment Technician
- Extensive knowledge in Hydraulic and Diesel systems
- Proficient in the understanding of electrical schematics and trouble shooting
- Working knowledge of the theory and care of reel and bed knife grinding preferred
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, interpersonal & communication skills
- Embraces daily use of technology and the ability to evolve with modern day practices
- Excellent attitude with a bias towards action
Why Work at Wilmette?
The Wilmette Park District continues to be dedicated to the future of golf and the maintenance operation. Our facility recently acquired a new fleet of mowing equipment including new greens mowers, tee mowers, and fairway mowers. The shop is outfitted with a lift and modern day automated grinding equipment. Our vision is to progressively elevate golfing conditions and the golf experience while also maintaining facilities that rival our neighboring public and private clubs. Our vision for the Wilmette Golf Club begins with a well-managed shop.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees and manages the entire maintenance shop operation
- Maintain the fleet of equipment and all related cutting units in a manner that meets modern day golfing expectations
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance/ repairs schedule for all related tools, vehicles, and equipment
- Responsible for ordering and purchasing of all parts and equipment
- Organize and update a detailed equipment/fleet inventory and capital replacement schedule
- Manage and monitor equipment supplies and repairs budgets
- Work with Golf Course Superintendent in developing annual operating and capital budgets
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual compensation, negotiable depending on experience
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Participation in Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF)
- Annual vacation and sick time
- Professional membership association dues covered
- The park district provides a comprehensive benefits package including access to all park district amenities and programs for you and your family
The Equipment Technician will Report Directly To: Nick Marfise, Golf Course Superintendent
Please Email Your Professional Paper Work To:
Human Resources and Risk Manager
Wilmette Park District
Date Posted: 9/13/19
DOWNERS GROVE PARK DISTRICT
JOB DESCRIPTION – ASSISTANT GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
About the Downers Grove Golf Club:
As America’s first 18-hole golf course, the course was completed in 1892 and was one of five founding clubs of the USGA. Currently, the 9-hole course still has the original holes including 2, 4, 7, 8 & 9. In 1968, the course was purchased by the Downers Grove Park District and named the Downers Grove Golf Club.
The Golf Course Assistant Superintendent assists the Superintendent in the overall maintenance and care of the golf course, including turf/grass management, irrigation, equipment, and chemical applications to ensure high quality playing conditions. Supervises seasonal personnel and participates in the maintenance of the golf course tees, greens, fairways, and cart paths including applying relevant landscaping, horticultural principles to ensure that quality standards are consistently achieved. Adheres to the maintenance budget and capital plans. Serves in the Superintendent capacity during absence.
- Assist in the development of the annual maintenance budget and operating plan. Implement the plan according to District procedures to ensure cost containment.
- Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved at minimum employee cost.
- Assists in the responsible care of greens, fairways, tees, roughs, trees, related ground and buildings to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Evaluates course irrigation, fertilizer application, turf conditions and makes and participates in improvements.Makes recommendations and purchases.
- Assist in equipment repairs, maintenance and care of greens, fairways, tees, roughs, shrubs, and trees.
- Assists the Superintendent in making recommendations for improvements in all areas of golf course maintenance and development of annual budget.
- Assists the Superintendent in the keeping of records.
- Planning and implementation of maintenance schedules and management procedures.
- Supervises the maintenance staff, and is responsible for all golf course maintenance in the absence of the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Participates in staff meetings, staff development sessions and continuing education opportunities as required.
- Perform daily maintenance tasks to the golf course.
- Adheres to District safety rules and procedures and directs subordinates to exercise safe work practices.
- Implements the crew schedule, provides training to new staff, supervises seasonal crew as necessary.
- Plans for budget and operations, discuss projects, equipment and building repairs and snow removal.
- Follows PDRMA safety rules.
- Minimum Associate’s degree with emphasis in agronomy or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in the position of Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
- Must possess a valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a commercial pesticide applicator’s license.
- Knowledge of golf course maintenance practices, including care and planting of trees, shrubs, and other plant material, and treatment of grass for prevention and cure of turf diseases.
- Preference for mechanical repair and basic golf knowledge.
- Must be independent, show initiative, and be able to communicate effectively and to work harmoniously with others.
- Must have ability to exhibit good judgement, tact and courtesy in dealing with the public.
Salary and Benefits
- IMRF Retirement benefit, Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Fitness Center Membership with access to all Park District Classes, Optional 457 contributions with 15% Employer match, GCSAA Membership dues, Uniform allowance.
- Vacation time, personal days, and paid sick days.
Application deadline: September 13th
Position Start Date: October 21st
Responsible to: Jeff Pozen, Golf Course Superintendent
E-mail Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Downers Grove Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 8/22/19