job listingsContact MAGCS to submit your listing or phone 630-685-2420.
Ball Horticultural Company
622 Town Rd., West Chicago, IL
Interested candidates email resume to: email@example.com
The overall responsibilities of the spray technician include, but are not limited to: turf applications of fertilizer, pre and post-emergent herbicides, and insecticides; herbicide applications to non-crop areas; specialty fertilizer applications to flower and vegetable crops, as well as perennials and shrubs when necessary; pesticide applications to flower crops, vegetable crops, perennials, small trees, and shrubs; possible aquatic and mosquito control applications. Other responsibilities may include some pruning and deadheading, scouting for pests, assisting with plant layout and planting, and soil and water sampling.
The spray technician primarily functions autonomously from the crew. Strong self-motivation and a keen sense of detail in record keeping, application techniques, and application amounts are a necessity. The individual considered for this position should possess an affinity for mathematics and geometry for determining proper square footages and application rates. A knowledge of common weeds, insects, annuals, perennials, and woody plants would be welcome. Must currently hold or be able to obtain a pesticide operator’s license within 60 days of beginning employment. The ability to carry a backpack sprayer for several hours and move 50lb bags of fertilizer is needed as well.
The spray technician does not need extensive knowledge of pests and plant material, nor to know the proper chemicals used to combat pests or augment plant material. A basic understanding with the propensity for learning and development is more important.
This position reports to the Plant Health Care Supervisor and is a seasonal position with the possibility of job sharing with the greenhouse, lab, or seed distribution departments. The PHC Supervisor will direct the details of the technician’s day to day activities and will hold ultimate accountability for what is applied to what areas. The PHC Supervisor also holds the pesticide applicator license in any and all categories necessary to conduct applications in accordance with state and federal laws. The technician will work closely with the PCH Supervisor to determine the best course of action to solve whatever issues present themselves.
Date Posted: 7/29/19
White Eagle Golf Club is a private golf club located in Naperville, IL, established in 1989 and designed by Arnold Palmer. The club consists of 27 holes, practice facilities, four clay tennis courts, and a pool. We are currently in the middle of an entire renovation to the club in which Liebold Construction/Irrigation is building all new bunkers with Better Billy Bunker Liner with Pro Angle sand. New green irrigation loops are being installed around each green complex along with new collection areas and (2) new greens will be rebuilt. The first (9) holes were completed in June with the second (9) holes being worked on currently and the last (9) holes will be completed in September. This will be a great opportunity to jump in and be apart of construction and see how the process works.
Qualifications: The qualified candidate will possess a turfgrass certificate, A.S., B.S., or M.S. in turfgrass management or a related field. 3-5 years of experience and supervisory skills preferred. Bilingual communication skills are a plus. Candidate must understand the game of golf and be an excellent communicator. We need an individual who is an effective problem solver under pressure, requiring little supervision. Ability to plan, organize and execute goals set forth by the club as well as your own personal goals to advance in the industry. Detail oriented individual willing to do what is necessary to get the job done at a high level. Willing to work with and train a motivated candidate with high aspirations that may not meet experience requirements.
Job Duties: Work in conjunction with the superintendent in all aspects of our agronomic and management approach
- · Daily scheduling, supervision, training of staff
- · Assist superintendent in weekly priority scheduling
- · Manage projects including upcoming course alterations according to Drew Rogers’ master plan
- · Uphold grounds facilities to the highest standards of cleanliness and organization
- · Water management, irrigation operation and repair, plant protectant applications, horticultural duties
- · Assessment of all playing surface conditions
Compensation: Extremely competitive (Dependent on Experience),health and dental insurance, professional dues and continuing education, uniform allowance, Christmas bonus, meals, golfing privileges.
Jim Canning, Golf Course Superintendent
White Eagle Golf Club
Date Posted: 7/2/19
ASSISTANT IN TRAINING-GLENCOE GOLF CLUB
The Glencoe Golf Club is a highly regarded public golf course that strives to offer private club conditions. The AIT will work closely with the Superintendent on a daily basis as well as with the crew. The AIT will help in training and leading of crew members during day to day maintenance as well as course projects. Will gain experience in tee and bunker restoration, landscape planting, and decorative stonework. This is a FULL-TIME YEAR-ROUND POSITION WITH BENEFITS.
2-year turf grass management degree (related field) or currently enrolled in turf grass education program.
Must have ability to obtain Illinois Pesticide Operator license within one year of hire.
Applicant must have at least two years of golf course maintenance duty experience, possess a valid driver's license, and have some experience in landscape/construction. Ability to communicate in both English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
This position will prepare an individual for professional success at the first assistant level. The AIT will work closely with the Superintendent in all aspects of golf course management including but not limited to water management, pesticide/fertilizer calibration and application, irrigation maintenance and repair, equipment operation, and managing crews on daily assignments. Candidates must possess the fundamentals of golf course maintenance and have the desire to learn the necessary skills to become a golf course superintendent. We are searching for an individual that is extremely driven, eager to learn, and willing to put in the time in order to gain the experience necessary to succeed. We will train the Assistant in Training in all facets of golf course management and provide them with the necessary tools to be successful.
Full time year-round hourly position includes Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance; dental and eye insurance. IMRF pension. Overtime, uniforms provided, golf practice/playing privileges.
It is the policy and practice of the Village to hire, promote, and compensate employees, and to administer all employment practices in accordance with applicable law, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, disability, or any other protected category. Furthermore, if you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job or complete an application, please notify the Assistant Village Manager.
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 Full-time year-round position with benefits.
Job Application Instructions: Submit resume and cover letter to Dave Arden, Head Superintendent
Date Posted: 5/22/19
Equipment Technician / Shop Manager - Wilmette Golf Club, Wilmette, IL - Full Announcement
JOB TITLE: Equipment Technician
DEPARTMENT:Grounds REPORTS TO: Director of Grounds
DIVISION: Golf SUPERVISES: N/A
SUMMARY: The Equipment Technician is expected to assist with the inspection, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of all pieces of turf management equipment to the highest degree of dependability and performance, with the emphasis on precise quality of cut
The Equipment Technician shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Oak Brook Hills Resort Culture as well as promoting Oak Brook Hills Resort.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspects, diagnoses, repairs and maintains all pieces of turf management equipment to the highest degree of dependability and performance with the emphasis on precise quality of cut.
- Assists with the appropriate scheduling of preventative maintenance, prioritized repairs, reel set up, help with golf course maintenance and snow removal when needed
- Troubleshoots all equipment
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program on all equipment
- Submit requests for purchase of repair parts and replacement supplies
- Maintains a clean, well-organized shop with safety the highest of priorities.Follow a clean-as-you go policy; ensure that work sites are broom clean at the end of each job and at the end of the day.
- Assists with golf course special projects
- Operate equipment in the field to check performance
- Supervise daily operator equipment check prior to operator use
- Assist in maintaining golf cart fleet and beverage carts as needed
- Complies with all resort’s policies, procedures and safety regulations
- Maintains a strong knowledge of emergency procedures
- Learns to operate all pieces of equipment
- Assist with daily mowing as needed
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments when necessary
- Always maintains a professional demeanor and attitude.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school education or equivalent required
- Minimum of two years of appropriate schooling, training or experience preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years in a similar position preferred
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet company driving standards.
- Must have a strong technical gasoline and diesel engine background.
- Excellent equipment operation skills.
- Must have excellent mechanical understanding and ability.
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbal and written.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to effective teach and train staff.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Lunch provided while on duty
- Golf as tee times permits
- Hilton Hotel discounts world wide
- Uniforms provided
- Medical/Vision/Health Insurance/Vacation/Personal/Paid Holidays/ 401K after 1 year
WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While primarily an indoor job, must also be able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, cold, sun & heat);
- Must be able to stand & walk throughout the day, occasionally on uneven surfaces;
- Must be able to frequently lift, push, pull & carry up to 25lbs, occasionally up to 50lbs and very occasionally up to 75lbs with assistance.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel & twist on a frequent basis, sometimes for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, squeezing, fine manipulation and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; overhead reaching occasionally.
- Must routinely work with solvents.
- Must occasionally work with solvents and in an area with exposure to noise and dust.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Contact: Matt Senatra, Director of Grounds
3500 Midwest Road
Oak Brook Il 60523
Date Posted: 5/15/19
Odyssey Golf Course in Tinley Park IL. is currently looking for a Spray Tech/Irrigation.
This position will pay $17.00 Hr. plus overtime.
Motivated individual to apply chemical and fertility applications all year round. Knowledgeable in irrigation a plus. Help out when needed in the daily operations and maintenance of the golf course.
- Must have Illinois pesticide license
- Be willing to work overtime if needed.
Please contact William Humphres Golf Course Superintendent 1-815-355-5588.
Date Posted: 5/14/19
Job Title: Full-Time Turf Manager
Closing Date: Until filled
General Hours: This is a non-exempt position. Four 10 hour days (Tuesday-Friday), 40-hour work week, with additional hours as necessary, including emergency on-call hours.
Location: Parks Maintenance Facility – 2352 Hassell Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Qualifications/Duties: HEPD is seeking a knowledgeable, qualified individual to serve as the Turf Manager. Individual must poses knowledge in turf maintenance, irrigation and general horticulture. Must be capable of operating industry specific equipment, chemical applications, performing basic administrative procedures and directing seasonal staff. This is a hands-on working leadership position. Position reports to the Director of Parks, Planning & Maintenance as well as Supervisor of Park Grounds. Salary range is $42,000-50,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
Minimum 3 years of experience in a related field or associates’ degree in related field is required. Bachelors’ degree preferred.
Please submit Hoffman Estates Park District employment application online via the career opportunities page on the District’s website: www.heparks.org. If unable to apply online, please submit application to Dustin Hugen, Director of Parks, Planning & Maintenance.
Address: 2352 Hassell Road
City, State: Hoffman Estates, IL
Zip Code: 60169
Date Posted: 4/17/19
National Accounts Manager - Turf
Spectrum Technologies, Inc.
This position is located in Aurora, IL and will report to the Vice President – Sales & Marketing. This position will be responsible for developing and growing Spectrum’s business in the domestic Turf market through, 1) exceeding sales targets for existing Turf distributors, 2) identifying and develop new distributors, 3) developing the business with RainBird golf irrigation distributors, and 4) growing business with Golf Course Management companies.
View complete job description.
Date Posted: 4/10/19